Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:10   #1
Padna
Regular Poster

Default Car parking at North Dublin stations

This coming Wednesday I plan to drive from Dundalk to Dublin and spend the day in the Baggot St area. In the evening I need to go to the Airport area by car (not the Airport itself). To avoid high parking charges and congested traffic in the city centre, I was thinking of driving as far as one of the stations on the northside (somewhere between Donabate & Clontarf Road I guess), parking the car for free at or near the station and travelling to and from Pearse Station by train.

Which would be the best station to ahead for, considering (i) availability of parking and (ii) ease of access by car from that station to the Airport during the evening rush hour? If advisable I could leave Dundalk quite early in the morning - 6:15 or 6:30 would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Padna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:30   #2
Colm R
Regular Poster

There is free parking albeit limited in Clontarf. You would have to be there before 7 to be sure. I used to get the Dart at 6:25 and there was always plenty of spaces about, however I am not sure after that how long it takes to fill up.

Killester has no parking, neither does Raheny.

I could recommend a non rail method. The new service from Swords, the Swords Express, using the Port Tunnel is suppose to be great and one of the quickest ways into town. And its near the airport. However I am not sure what the parking situation is on the route. See http://www.swordsexpress.com
Colm R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:36   #3
plant43

Portmarnock might be your best bet, but I would leave Dundalk by 6:30 at the latest to ensure a space.
plant43 is offline   Reply With Quote