Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-11-2010, 07:52   #1
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Default [10/11/2010] Meet The Managers - Heuston Station, Dublin 4-6pm

http://irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=941
Quote:
Meet The Managers - Heuston Station, Dublin, Wednesday 10th November by Marketing Department

Meet the Managers at Heuston Station, Dublin.

Over the coming months the Iarnród Éireann Management Teams will be continuing its programme of face to face meetings with customers.

The next of these meetings will take place at Heuston Station, Dublin.

Members of the Heuston Management Team will be available to meet customers on the afternoon of Wednesday 10th November 2010 between 4.00pm and 6.00pm

Customers are invited to come along and discuss issues of interest or concern to them.
Unread 04-11-2010, 08:18   #2
finnyus

Does anything good really come of these sessions? The one and only time I went, I was given bullsh*t answers to my questions.
finnyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 13:12   #3
irishsaint
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnyus View Post
Does anything good really come of these sessions? The one and only time I went, I was given bullsh*t answers to my questions.
I went to the one in Connolly a few weeks back, had 2 issues both of which couldnt be rectified as they related to service at a point in time. I did however get an explanation for an effected train service and miss information from staff. I was told the staff member was "pulled up" over it and I was given an appology.

The other issue I had related to an on duty manager in Connolly who said he had no managerial authority to sign off on getting me home after my weekly ticket went missing in a gate machine. I was told that he did have the authority and that I should have been given a "travel without prejudice" ticket free of charge.

If you have issues, they are useful.
irishsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 14:29   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Sometimes you get a result, but most people report the usual wishy washy approach with lots of head nodding. Heuston was pretty appalling for that. Took three years to get a clock fixed. The departure board still isn't positioned correctly despite agreement from the most senior manager (it was later CGI'ed into place for a TV ad)

Thankfully we now can contact one of half a dozen senior IE managers when the need arrises and get a direct result.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 15:45   #5
europhile
New to the board

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make that.

Is there an email address to which I could send questions?

Many thanks.
europhile is offline   Reply With Quote