Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 17-03-2006, 17:40   #1
philip

Default West on Track get more ambitious

www.westontrack.com/, it seems WoT no longer see 29000's as the goal. Check out the new home page, just an extra few hundrd million for IC railcars, but sure who cares, Dublin's payin!
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-03-2006, 17:48   #2
Navan Junction
Really Regular Poster

Jayz..! Must make sure the Meath on Track 29000 fleet are upgraded too..!
Navan Junction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-03-2006, 19:01   #3
Craigmore Viaduct
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip
www.westontrack.com/, it seems WoT no longer see 29000's as the goal. Check out the new home page, just an extra few hundrd million for IC railcars, but sure who cares, Dublin's payin!
They'll probably have TGV's next!
Craigmore Viaduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-03-2006, 19:01   #4
sean

I'm betting Michael McGreil visited these forums or boards.ie and said "oh gee these 29000s aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread if even DUBLIN HAS ALL OF THEM"

Musta figured they were starting to look a little silly asking for 29Ks to do their 3 times a day trunk run from Sligo to Limerick or wherever.

Also, the 3 car sets would be more appropriate (one carraige for each free-travel-pass passenger) than a 4 car 29K.

To me, that WOT had a picture of a 29K Sligo-Limerick/Knock whatever on their frontpage always made me question if anyone there knew what the hell they were talking about or if any of them had ever taken a train (esp 2900) in Ireland. They needed to lose that pic becuase it had already become an embarassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavanJunction1
Jayz..! Must make sure the Meath on Track 29000 fleet are upgraded too..!
Yes, put a DART on your homepage that's what Navan is meant to get, right? DART beats the nuts off a 29K anytime anywhere. DART to Navan in my view is one of the few things that make sense about T21.

Last edited by sean : 17-03-2006 at 19:08.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-03-2006, 19:33   #5
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The WRC will end up with the 2700 fleet, 2900 units are only good for moving large numbers of people over short distances and that ain't the WRC
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-03-2006, 20:17   #6
Navan Junction
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
Yes, put a DART on your homepage that's what Navan is meant to get, right? DART beats the nuts off a 29K anytime anywhere. DART to Navan in my view is one of the few things that make sense about T21.
Well, what's the bets that gets downgraded...?

They'd have to electrify to Clonsilla first, and I ain't seen that happening yet..
Navan Junction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-03-2006, 20:45   #7
sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavanJunction1
Well, what's the bets that gets downgraded...?
Too high unfortunately remember T21 is just an election stunt to gloss over their years of limitless roadbuilding, skinflintiness, indecision and incompetence, which oh, dear, puts most of the PT projects into the term of the next government. How convenient.

Unfortunately the stunt seems to have bought one-ex-committee member ... hook line and sinker even as it collapses in flames with each passing day.

Quote:
They'd have to electrify to Clonsilla first, and I ain't seen that happening yet..
My understanding is it's the Dunboyne line first with Sheriff St. station, then everything else in the DRP, expanded DART, Interconnector, electric line to Navan, all come on stream as if by magic and will all be ready to go no later than midnight New Years Day 2015.

Whether one believes it or not is another story.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-03-2006, 20:20   #8
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

It looks like a shameless bit of cut and pasting to be sure, to be sure. I saw that before and wasnt too worked up about it. I was going to say something nasty and cutting, but I wont.
Thomas J Stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-03-2006, 11:51   #9
Maskhadov
Regular Poster

when i looked at the website i couldnt help but laugh. (Im all for the WOT by the way)
Maskhadov is offline   Reply With Quote