Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-09-2007, 08:54   #1
Thomas the Tank
New to the board

Thumbs down Delays delays delays...

Haven't posted here for a while, such was my initial delight at the new Docklands service! All in all I have to give credit where credit is due - for me, working as I do in the IFSC the service is generally great. The trains usually fly in in twenty mins or less, you nearly always get a seat and if you do have to stand, at least you don't have 50 other people wedged on top of you!

My complaint this morning isn't specicfically with the Docklands, but the numerous delays over the past couple of months in general on the Maynooth line. For instance this week alone the trains were delayed by 25 mins on the line on Monday morning, Docklands was delayed by 10 mins yesterday evening and 5 mins coming in this morning. My work colleague gets the Maynooth - Connolly line and every week without fail for the past couple of months we've been grumbling about delays in the morning or evening on this line at least once a week. What's going on? If I have to listen to that little chime that signals the announcement of one more delay I'm going to crack up. The "couldn't give a sh*t" tone of the person making the announcement, the lack of any information as to how long the trains are delayed for, and then the makey uppy excuse. Press 1 for "oper-atio-nal prob-lems" etc etc.

Maybe delays once or twice a week are acceptable?? I dunno anymore, I'm just sick of being late for work!
Thomas the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2007, 10:20   #2
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Such delays are not acceptable. This is a fairly simple straight and short line we're talking about here, which is supposed to avoid the so-called Connolly bottleneck. It's all cart before horse stuff again, lots of new trains, same old rubbish infrastructure.