Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 24-12-2012, 00:47   #1
ThomasJ

Default [21-12-2012] DARTs not stopped at kilbarrack station due to antisocial behavior

I posted this on boards on saturday

While i was waiting on a bus outside Clonsilla station on friday night there was a loud over the air announcement that DART services were not stopping at a station for tge rest of the night. I didn't hear what station it was as a car was passing at the time. I went back to check the platform information screens to see was there anything but no announcement. I checked the website and the twitter but no announcements on there either.

Anyway, the next day it transpired that the station affected was kilbarrack. There were some accounts on twitter that DARTs were stopping at kilbarrack for security only and noone else.

Also this tweet:
Quote:
James Garrigan (@GarriganJames) tweeted at 0:36 AM on Sun, Dec 23, 2012:
@DonBalls awh well , better than my night anyway! Ended up with bottles and stones thrown at me and Karl in kilbarrack station #thuglife
I know this incident is a couple of days old, I just thought I'd post it as a discussion of if anything more could have been done security-wise at the station or if anything more could have been done for passengers affected.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 24-12-2012 at 03:21.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote