Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 31-01-2007, 20:16   #1
hhf8
Regular Poster

Default [31-01-2007] 18:40 Connolly - Drogheda Cancelled

Train arrived in at 6.30. Everyone got on. Driver got out went to the back of the train to drive from there.Minutes pass by,Then nothing. No announcments,no nothing Everyone waited until drogheda ppl at 6.50ish began to switch over to the enterprise. Then everyone began to get out. ppl told each other enterprise was stopping in balbriggan,skerries. It was up to fellow passengers to inform all the other passengers of what was going on.

Enterprise was well overcrowded,got on at the top. No announcments AT ALL on the enterprise regarding the situation.No word of it stopping at all. It did stop,and lucky for me,Balbriggan had the platform to take it

AT NO POINT WERE WE TOLD THAT THE TRAIN WAS CANCELED
AT NO POINT WERE WE TOLD THAT THE ENTERPRISE WOULD TAKE US
AT NO POINT WERE ENTERPRISE TICKET HOLDERS TOLD WHY THERE WERE NO SEATS.

And to cap it all,Im dying of the FLU and I left my scarf on the 1840 train.
Unread 31-01-2007, 20:26   #2
James Shields

Something similar happened to me once. The train sat there with no announcements, and gradually people started switching to the Enterprise. Eventually there was an announcement telling passengers for Drogheda and Dundalk to get the Enterprise.

Shortly after the Enterprise left Connolly, there was an announcement that due to the failure of an earlier train, the service would be stopping at Skerries, Balbriggan and Laytown, but as far as I'm aware there was no announcement telling those passengers to get on.
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-01-2007, 20:30   #3
hhf8
Regular Poster

Everyone got off,probably just because every1 was an we all followed the crowd. The enterprise the acted as the 18.40. As displays in balbriggan said it was going to Belfast Central.

Other note,First time i've ever had to get off a 29000,i presume it failed.
Unread 31-01-2007, 20:59   #4
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default Failure

That same service suffered a brake failure about 2 weeks ago. Same story as you - with no announcements. However, service got going just before 7pm, but was stuck behind northbound DARTs etc. It also had the Enterprise stuck behind it all the way to Drogheda.
I think the announcements situation is getting worse. Millions invested in new track and rolling stock, yet when ever anything goes wrong, everyone forgets to tell the customers whats happening.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 08:40   #5
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Yeah I was on that too. got off just after 18:50 cos I needed to make a connection in Skerries. No announcement, I asked a guy in an IE hi-viz jacket what the story was I must have inconvenienced him as a customer.

Walked back over to Pearse to get the 19:15 home instead. Passed customer information asked what the story was. said something about brake failure. I said the speakers seem to have failed too and left.
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote