Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Events, Happenings and Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-10-2008, 15:30   #221
mullingar mojo
New to the board

Does anyone know when the pay and display is coming to Mullingar Station?
mullingar mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 15:32   #222
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Its coming by start November
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:43   #223
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

Default Farce at Hazelhatch this week

On Monday there were notices on the parking machines/signs that parking charges were deferred until further notice.

Today (tuesday) charges were introduced...no notice advising that charging was now in place...absolute disgrace. This led to a number of people having to run back to their cars to get parking tickets...i'd say some people will miss their trains because of this.

Also the parking sign stated that there would be Operatives from the parking company on site to help people with any questions on monday ...now obviously with it not going ahead there was nobody there...but c'mon they definitely shoulda been there this morning!
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:08   #224
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsheff View Post
On Monday there were notices on the parking machines/signs that parking charges were deferred until further notice.

Today (tuesday) charges were introduced...no notice advising that charging was now in place...absolute disgrace. This led to a number of people having to run back to their cars to get parking tickets...i'd say some people will miss their trains because of this.

Also the parking sign stated that there would be Operatives from the parking company on site to help people with any questions on monday ...now obviously with it not going ahead there was nobody there...but c'mon they definitely shoulda been there this morning!
Ring Thomas Harrington (Sales Director) of NCPS 086 1708 920, I had an email from him this morning saying that 'I can park there free of charge for the time being', I'm sure he means everyone else as well !! This is all very confusing.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-10-2008, 09:17   #225
chipper
Regular Poster

Yesterday's Budget was interesting. The government now values parking spaces in "the main urban centres" at €200 per year and out-of-town locations remain free. Irish Rail see fit to charge around €400 for a space at one of their stations regardless of location and availabilty of a bus, or even a footpath in some cases, as a viable alternative to parking at the station.
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-10-2008, 09:49   #226
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Yesterday's Budget was interesting. The government now values parking spaces in "the main urban centres" at €200 per year and out-of-town locations remain free. Irish Rail see fit to charge around €400 for a space at one of their stations regardless of location and availabilty of a bus, or even a footpath in some cases, as a viable alternative to parking at the station.
Very good point, listening to Lenihan on Pat Kenny now and he hasn't a notion of how they'll police the car parking tax. It wouldn't surprise me if they had to hire new public servants to police all the new complex stealth taxes
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-10-2008, 14:20   #227
tigger1962

Is it just me or isn't it a bit suspicious that CIE introduced their parking fees at just the right time. I am presuming they to be levied for carparking spaces for their employees? I cant see the unions at CIE allowing their members to pay for it and it looks to me that we are actually paying their levy!? maybe I'm just getting old and cynical!
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-10-2008, 18:34   #228
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Flyers placed on all the cars in Maynooth station today informing everyone it is starting on the 28th October.

Quote:

Heading Nationwide Controlled Parking System NCPS

Car Parking Information for Customers

Dear Customer.

Paid Parking will be introduced to this car park

To park here you will need to purchase a Pay & Display ticket from 28th October 2008

The daily tariff is €2 and a discounted weekly tariff is available at €8

Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems will be managing the car parking facilities on behalf of Iarnród éireann.

If you have any questions on how the service will work please contact NCPS on 0818 555000 or by email on admin@ncps.ie

NCPS operatives will also be on the ground in the car parks at varying times and will be more than happy to provide you with any assistance you may require.

Your Sincerely,

NCPS

Tá leagan Gaelige den billeoig seo are fail ó NCPS
should it not read NCPS operatives will also be on the ground in the car parks at varying times to make sure you have paid and will be more than happy to clamp your car.

Last edited by Trampas : 18-10-2008 at 10:57.
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-10-2008, 20:58   #229
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
Flyers placed on all the cars in Maynooth station today informing everyone it is starting on the 28th October.

should it not read NCPS operatives will also be on the ground in the car parks at varying times to make sure you have paid and will be more than happy to clamp your car.
Coolmine is also informing passengers that the charges will kick in from the 28th. So looks like the remaining car parks on the maynooth line that have yet to introduce paid car parking will do so on the 28th
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-10-2008, 21:26   #230
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

I saw some clamping in Portlaoise today.
Unread 26-10-2008, 21:37   #231
John J
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullingar mojo View Post
Does anyone know when the pay and display is coming to Mullingar Station?
Noticed this week that the signs and parking machines have been installed at the Dublin commuter stations of Longford and Edgeworthstown.

The sign cries out in all its glory:
Payment of tariff does not guarantee a parking space.

What a scam. Thank god I gave up on the train long ago in favour of my car. I'll never go back!!
Unread 27-10-2008, 12:18   #232
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

There are 3 machines in place for all of Maynooth car park. There is also a large sign on the bridge at the entrance to the station outlining the T&Cs.
Do CIE need planning permission for this?

There are 4 machines in Coolmine ready to go also.

Remember folks to have exact change to give to the good people in CIE property. This money will not in any way be going to improve the service.
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-10-2008, 09:57   #233
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

what is the maynooth line like?

at home today so wasn't in Maynooth myself
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-10-2008, 19:11   #234
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hennessy View Post
There are 3 machines in place for all of Maynooth car park. There is also a large sign on the bridge at the entrance to the station outlining the T&Cs.
Do CIE need planning permission for this?
Street furniture generally doesn't require planning permission. For signs, well it depends on the size of the signs, name plates are OK, anything bigger probably needs permission.
Unread 05-11-2008, 11:37   #235
chipper
Regular Poster

I am fed up finding the exact change for these machines. I do not travel every single day which often makes a weekly ticket uneconomical so I find myself scratching for coins the night before I get the train. I forgot last night so 6am this morning saw me hoking around the wife's car to find the €2 coin she uses to get a shopping trolley in Aldi.
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 21:47   #236
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
I am fed up finding the exact change for these machines. I do not travel every single day which often makes a weekly ticket uneconomical so I find myself scratching for coins the night before I get the train. I forgot last night so 6am this morning saw me hoking around the wife's car to find the €2 coin she uses to get a shopping trolley in Aldi.
Get a 35mm film case. Anytime you get a €1 or €2 coin in change, put it in that. Its less wearing on your pocket or wallet than loose coins.
Unread 06-11-2008, 23:01   #237
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Who uses 35mm film anymore?
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 14:36   #238
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralph View Post
Who uses 35mm film anymore?

I'm sure I have some spare empties at home.
Unread 07-11-2008, 16:21   #239
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Tis good advice, used to use that approach to bringing coin through airport security when I didn't have a jacket with me.

Other payment options are in the pipeline I'm told
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 19:44   #240
AndrewMc
New to the board

Default Athy

Pay and display in Athy from next Monday 10th. Car park is still a potholed, gravel and shattered-glass filled yard. I think only about ten or twelve spaces are actually marked out - the rest is just open space. If they painted a few lines they could increase capacity by 30-40% by forcing people to tidy up their parking, but I guess money grabbing is easier. Only saw two ticket machines so I expect there will be queues at them given how many arrive in the last five minutes before each of the two trains.
AndrewMc is offline   Reply With Quote