Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-02-2008, 22:38   #21
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
If IE had a proper system in place then they would have any of Rosslare trains changing tracks nunberous times to achieve faster jorney times from Connolly to Bray. I know it would impact on Dart's but with precise location and changing the points back correctly then I dont see that as impossible. If there was any such in place then a train from Connolly for Rosslare at 13:10 the previous train(Dart) was at 13:05 and before that 12:55 the Rosslare would travel the wrong track and change back in at Pearse this creating a by-pass of the Dart train and not having passengers at Connolly waiting for 20mins therefore waiting for max 7mins for the next Dart to Bray.... The Dart train would be at Tara Street and the Rosslare train would pass it out change back into the correct track there would be another dart at Pearse waiting for the green - Is this so hard!! etc down to Bray.. Creating 25mins for the journey.
And what of the trains coming in the opposite direction? Too dangerous and if a railcar breaks down it'll cause chaos. DARTS also run frequently late for many reasons, and this will also make this idea unworkable.

Keith, as a regular, would you have a problem changing at Bray?
Unread 08-02-2008, 23:02   #22
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
Keith, as a regular, would you have a problem changing at Bray?
I would, I think the service/line would just detirorate.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2008, 20:06   #23
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

Default Rosslare INTERCITY

Why cant they put the 071 class locomotives (the new livery) on the rosslare line again hauling mk 3 carraiges,at least temporarily because it looks like the new trains won't be operating till nov/dec. I'm sick to the death of commuter trains being used on long distance journeys. I would love to see an orange intercity mk 3 train on the rosslare line (even if its only one train per day). It CAN happen if IE just see the sense.
sublimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2008, 20:13   #24
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Current timetable can't be worked by a locomotive train

There will be intercity railcar operated services on the Rosslare line by May this year
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2008, 22:38   #25
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimity View Post
I would love to see an orange intercity mk 3 train on the rosslare line.
Its good to see I'm not the only one that thinks a Mk3 train would be brillant for the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
There will be intercity railcar operated services on the Rosslare line by May this year
May I'II hold you to it.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-02-2008, 09:46   #26
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Current timetable can't be worked by a locomotive train

The 1305 to rosslare could be locomotive hauled and then the return service 1740 to connolly. Who cares if its final destination is drogheda. railcar or locomotive it dosent matter.

And i bet the new trains in May will only be a 3 car set
sublimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-02-2008, 10:01   #27
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The current timetable cannot be worked by a locomotive plus carriages, thats the reality. You would have to find a set of coaches as well, and the drivers in Rosslare would have to be retrained. This kind of carry on only gives Irish Rail and excuse not to put intercity railcars on the route in the first place. We would love to see something better than a 2800 on the Rosslare line but equally there is no point seeking something which cannot be reasonably be done

Mk3 set would be a downgrade in accessibility terms, would require a guard and costs more to run, the fleet has been run into the ground and are in poor condition compared to even 3 years ago

There will be an intercity railcar operated service by May, possibly 2, both will be 3 car sets which have more seats than a 4 car commuter railcar. The big book says 3 car which means only one thing intercity railcar. The principle hold up is the signaling being sorted out once that is done various platform works can be done
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 02:27   #28
Pierce
New to the board

wrong thread sorry, the station in wexford only has 1platform it would have made life so much easlier if it had been 2platforms with storage space down further for the trains to park... i just wush there was fencing and a fully level crossing at the quays so the train could reach 50m.p.h there is already walk ways for someone to cross, would it upset the quays or am i insane!!!
Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote