Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 16-02-2007, 16:51   #21
tigger1962

Default standing passengers

Hi,
ok for the first time ever since I got thistrain... there are people standing! The train is very full, very much like the 8.57 enterprise(dundalk) in the morning and it stops in Drogheda!! There are some very annoyed Northern Passengers!

as for booking seats? Thats nothing new on Iarnrod eireann services... unless you are railtours people then it seems you can book even commuter trains!!
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-02-2007, 13:38   #22
tigger1962

Default checking for passes

Yesterday evening Iarnrod Eireann started checking for boarding passes again on this train for those going to Dundalk. Those without a pass were kept in a seperate queue. The train itself was quite packed with many people standing until Dundalk. On top of that the train was delayed due to a Locomotive failure, which was fixed at Drogheda?
Unread 01-03-2007, 12:12   #23
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger1962 View Post
Yesterday evening Iarnrod Eireann started checking for boarding passes again on this train for those going to Dundalk.
You see what happens when you post that they aren't checking, management find out their laziness is making our life easier and thats not a allowed
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 17:02   #24
tigger1962

I still do not understand why they made people traveling to Dundalk get passes and yet especially on Friday they let everyone on anyway. The train again was quite packed with quite a few angry people going to north annoyed they didn't get seats! I know I only go as far as Dundalk but I have a trapped nerve in my leg... I cannot stand in one spot for more than 20 minutes before the whole leg goes dead! the queueing system is bad enough without having to stand for up to an hour. a train maybe ?just before this train might alleviate matters. They already run a train on Fridays just before the earlier 15.20 express serving Drogheda and Dundalk . Even Soldiers are not expected nowadays to stand that long!! God i'm getting old and cranky!
Unread 11-04-2007, 16:03   #25
tigger1962

Default 11-4-07 customer service inept again!

This service left 10 minutes late due to a "change of Engine" The big bone of contention though was the way they handled those in the queue! They opened all together and there was a major rush and people running ryanair to the train. They didn't check tickets and there were many people complaining about waiting in the q for an hour or more and yet last on the train and couldn't get seats!