Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-07-2006, 11:45   #81
Cubassist
New to the board

That was because the 8.11 Balbriggan - Bray was severely delayed yesterday. The train stopped south of Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush and Lusk and Donabate for about 5 mins each time with no explaination. Didn't arrive into Connolly until about 9.30.
Cubassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2006, 12:09   #82
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

see http://forum.platform11.org/showthread.php?t=893
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 15:00   #83
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Default 11-7-2006

9:45 Dublin Cork (B200)
Maps sat down near Templemore, volume was a tad low
PA made at Mallow inaudible got the keywords signal and waiting for
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:22   #84
James Shields

Default 12 July 2006, 8:20 Drogheda-Connolly

The 8:20 Drogheda-Connolly was a 4-car 2600/2800 combination. Given that it wasn't terribly crowded, I presume it had originated in Dundalk, and that there's an Enterprise set stranded somewhere north of the border.

Last edited by James Shields : 12-07-2006 at 08:24. Reason: Omitted date
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-07-2006, 11:51   #85
KennyG
New to the board

The Enterprise followed on about five minutes later....
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-07-2006, 09:30   #86
James Shields

Default 14 Jul 2006 8:20 Enterprise Drogheda-Connolly

The Enterprise this morning was a 4-car 2900 set. Judging by the crowding levels, I'd guess it came from somewhere north of the border. The Friday morning train is usually lightly loaded on a Friday (though this time of year you get more people coming down for the weekend), but when you pack an 8-car train into 4 coaches, some overcrowding is to be expected.
Unread 18-07-2006, 19:57   #87
Oisin88

Default 18 July 11:00 Galway to Dublin

The famous "Cú na Mara" heap of a train had a door problem in Athlone which delayed it 45 minutes. In the words of the train announcer the problem "proceeded" to Clara where maintenance was performed.

Nobody told anyone in Tullamore. Even station gaurd was sitting out on the platform with the Fasttrack and didn't know anything until the "down" Galway train left (15 minutes late) having run out of patience (it's a single line track)

No proper news and the train was always being promised until it actually rolled in 45 minutes late. Then there was no sandwiches left (on a lunch-time train) I bought the last can of softdrink, though it looked like there was plenty of bud.

Only person happy with the day was the taxi-man that got paid by me as I was too late to get where I was going by Luas.

The announcement also entertained the punters. The quicker they dump the 6202 series carriages the better. They are a heap of junk and worse than the slam door deathtraps, which at least don't have electrics so can't break down!
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-07-2006, 20:02   #88
Oisin88

Unhappy ps

Ps does anyone know if you have to get a taxi to get to an appointment can you claim from IÉ? I have seen the info on the home page.
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-07-2006, 20:34   #89
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Nope but if your train was so late as to arrive after public transport had shut down for the evening IE are meant to pay up
Unread 19-07-2006, 09:49   #90
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Which of course, isnt possible. Last Luas is 00.30. Nitelink is also public transport (I know it dosnt serve Heuston, but its the definition that courts) and they go till 4.00am......
Unread 19-07-2006, 11:26   #91
James Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp
Which of course, isnt possible. Last Luas is 00.30. Nitelink is also public transport (I know it dosnt serve Heuston, but its the definition that courts) and they go till 4.00am......
I assume that if your train was scheduled to arrive in time for public transport to take you within a reasonable distance of your destination, and if no public transport is available to take you a similar distance, you should have a valid claim.

And if you have to get a Nitelink as a result of a late train, you should be able to claim the hefty premium DB charge for thouse services (though I doubt you can).
Unread 06-10-2006, 00:33   #92
James Shields

5 Oct 2006, 7:00 Enterprise from Connolly had no lights working in coach B.

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to have some semi-dark coaches in the evenings, but there ought to be at least enough light that people can make their way through the coach without risk of tripping over unseen obsticles.
Unread 13-10-2006, 06:45   #93
turnapin

12th Oct 09:40 Galway-Heuston

Halted Dublin side of Athlone for best part of an hour due signal power failure. Arrived Heuston 13:25, 65 minutes late.
turnapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 17:57   #94
John J
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcarpark View Post
Actually, it might not be a bad idea to have some semi-dark coaches in the evenings, but there ought to be at least enough light that people can make their way through the coach without risk of tripping over unseen obsticles.
That's a good idea now that you mention it. The dazzling interior lights of a 29000 class aren't particularly welcoming at six in the morning. Especially when you spend most of your working day under similar lighting.
In fact on 29000s I reckon IE could get away with fitting every second flourescent tube only (think they did this on the Mk2s?)
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:37   #95
Donal Quinn

can't find the thread on reserved seating but had another great experience with reserved seating this weekend

sat 6 Jan 07 14:30 Dublin -> Athenry - seats not labelled
sun 7 Jan 07 18:18 Athenry -> Dublin - seats not labelled

what was really clever though was that the first class carraige (6202) (where my standard class seats were to be located) was absolutely freezing! like most others we quickly deserted it for the warmer confines of the normal carraiges

so not only have IE managed to make first class no better than standard, they now make it worse

i have booked seats about 10 times now and have yet to sit in my alloted seat.

also the irritating yet indicative (and probably influential) whats-hot-and-whats-not column in the weekend indo listed IE reserved seats as 'not' because you can reserve seats and yet have to queue with all the other punters... of course you could just sit in the pub and wait until the others had boarded and then go and fight for your unlabelled seat!!

ryanair have shown that priority queueing is a cheap and effective way to make people book ahead (online checkin) - could IE ever reach these heady heights of marketing competence?
Donal Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:49   #96
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Appearently there isn't meant to be a notice above the seats with your name on it

We have complained about it and a before unseen notice with no name but clearly stating the seat had been reserved appeared in the last 2 weeks

I really really want to let loose and cause a scene but so far I haven't had the chance but god help the staff member the day it happens. I've been lucky recently but then again every time I board a train in Heuston in the last month or so the head of intercity business development has been standing on the platform
Unread 09-01-2007, 15:13   #97
davidth88
New to the board

Travelled from Killarney to Dublin on the 7th Jan , I was on the 12:30 Cork-Dublin which was one of the new trains.

Nice enough trip , however the seat reservations LED displays were not working , I have never ever seen these working , is the software working/available I wonder ?
davidth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 17:12   #98
Mr T.
New to the board

On 10 Jan 2007 the 17:30 from Heuston to Limerick was delayed due to some failure of a train ahead of it. I was sitting in the "dining" carriage but did not hear any announcements. Apparently there were announcements made (to the tune of "we'll be moving shortly") but these announcements were only audible in some carriages.

This is a common situation on this train (not the delay but the inability to hear announcements).
Unread 13-01-2007, 04:17   #99
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
I've been lucky recently but then again every time I board a train in Heuston in the last month or so the head of intercity business development has been standing on the platform
Are you a marked man on the booking system? He gets a memo anytime you reserve a ticket?
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-01-2007, 01:52   #100
James Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
I really really want to let loose and cause a scene but so far I haven't had the chance but god help the staff member the day it happens. I've been lucky recently but then again every time I board a train in Heuston in the last month or so the head of intercity business development has been standing on the platform
You must be too well known, Mark. Time to break out the false moustache and go incognito!