Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Limerick Ennis
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-11-2008, 13:38   #1
jpsartre
New to the board

Default moyross draft regeneration plan unveils plans for station

the limerick regen. agency unveiled its draft masterplans last week which include a platform/station in the newly proposed moyress town centre, (http://www.limerickregeneration.ie/p...gratedPlan.pdf). Great news, an actual plan to utilize an existing train service that benefits the residents of the city. Lets hope its just the beginning. That said I wonder if it would not have been a better idea to put in place a park and ride sevice with parking at the junction of the newly proposed distributor road and the existing track in order to facilitate commuting motorists on that side of the city and then to place a second platform further down the track at the long pavement which would serve the ballynanty/ kililee population aswell as that of moyross? Granted the fewer stops the better timewise but if I might ask a dart user this question. How long does it take a dart to slow down, stop, wait and move off again before its back up to speed. In other words (and this is just for my own curiosity as it applies to all other possibe stops along the line) what is the net time lost or gained by a train that stops at platform a,b and c and the train that just stops at platforms a and c?

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 02-11-2008 at 17:22. Reason: Fix broken URL
jpsartre is offline   Reply With Quote