Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information > Concerts and Sport Specials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-02-2007, 17:46   #1
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Default [11-2-2007] Ireland V France Croke Park

So once again an appalling show from IE, just 2 extra trains for the France game, with a fleet of 180 railcars you think on a Sunday 3 or 4 extra trains could be run and its not unlike IE had notice

They ain't showing in the journey planner which doesn't help matters

Quote:
General News

Extra Commuter trains for Ireland v France by Corporate Communications

Special trains for Ireland vs France Sunday 11th February 2007.

In addition to our regular Sunday service, the following special trains will operate on Sunday 11th February 2007 to facilitate customers travelling to the Ireland vs France Rugby fixture at Croke Park.

Maynooth Line

The following extra service will operate along the Maynooth line

Departing Maynooth at 13.00hrs serving Leixlip Louisa Bridge (13.06), Leixlip Confey (13.09), Clonsilla (13.14), Coolmine (13.14), Castleknock (13.20), Ashtown (13.24), Broombridge (13.27) and Drumcondra (13.32).

The following extra service will operate from Drumcondra to Maynooth after the game

Departing Drumcondra at 17.58hrs serving Broombridge (18.08), Ashtown (18.12), Castleknock (18.15), Coolmine (18.18), Clonsilla (18.20), Leixlip Confey (18.25), Leixlip Louisa Bridge (18.28) and Maynooth (18.35)

Northern Line

The following extra service will operate from Dundalk to Dublin Connolly

Departing Dundalk at 12.20hrs serving Drogheda (12.43), Laytown (12.49), Gormanston (12.55), Balbriggan (12.58), Skerries (13.04), Rush & Lusk (13.11), Donabate (13.15) and Dublin Connolly (13.32)

The following extra service will run from Dublin Connolly to Dundalk after the game

18.25hrs ex Dublin Connolly serving Drogheda (19.07) and Dundalk (19.31).
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 16:31   #2
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

Maybe it's a staffing issue rather than equipment?
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 23:40   #3
Derek Wheeler

And just think of those extra services that they could have run from the Kildare line via the PPT.

In fact pre bookable could have been introduced. Oooppps! Sorry. I forgot, its not the Ryder Cup and we never bother to impress the Irish!

Utter shambles.

Release already prepared for Kildare line media. I know people travelling to the game by train from Naas and they have to make their way from Heuston to Croke park! Only in Ireland. I swear to god folks. Only in Ireland.

Please note: Derek secretly hoped that IE would try something from Kildare via the PPT for the Croker Rugby games. Alas, he was defeated yet again. Now wheres the numbers for Leinster Leader and Kildare post?
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 20:12   #4
ThomasJ

I really think that years after cie revealed that the line linking heuston and connolly could be used there is still no action. As much as i think it is disgraceful i dont think going to connolly is as big a deal as the fact that sallins and hazelhatch have two four carriage trains with gaps of two hours between them going to heuston. And they couldn't even manage extra trains to heuston. Typical
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote