Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-12-2015, 21:24   #1
B2C2M2C2B
New to the board

Exclamation Spat at On the Train

It was around 9 O'Clock,
On Maynooth to Pearse train
I was sitting there doing some work on the train, and at some stage after Maynooth these four lads get on, 3 sit on the four seater beside me, one sits accross from me,
They were talking away there was no problem, i was sitting there and hadnt done anything, then suddenly one of them spits at me
The on who spat at me was (naturally) turned away looking out the window and the other three laughing their heads off
I got up and moved to a different carriage because it wasnt going to end well
There really has to be be some kind of security on the trains, conducter cant be expected to control this,
not sure if this has ever happened to someone else but it doesnt feel good and is disgusting.
B2C2M2C2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-12-2015, 17:07   #2
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Firstly there is no conductor, Irish Rail expect the unfortunate driver to intervene and the victim to raise the alert via the emergency intercom. It is a very weak and unsatisfactory system.

You were unluckly to encounter scumbags at such a relatively early hour (or was it 2100 ?). I know people, especially women, who won't use lightly peopled off peak trains, including DART due to security concerns.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-12-2015, 17:14   #3
Mickey H
Really Regular Poster

There should be CCTV of the incident and it should be reported to Garda
Unread 24-12-2015, 12:45   #4
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

Horrible to hear about your experience which is unfortunately far from rare on quieter trains. If a group of scumbags gets on a train making trouble, passengers are basically expected to give them the carriage to themselves.

I once tried ringing the "emergency" number to report an antisocial incident - the one that they have up on notices and on the train displays. I was rewarded with an answering machine message that suggested I ring back during office hours. Irish Rail's attitude towards passenger safety from the feral scumbags that roam the system is far from ideal.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote