Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-03-2007, 13:01   #1
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Default Online 'real-time' system fixed?

[Not sure if this is the correct forum, may affect commuter too]

I think the online page that purportedly shows the up-to-date times from a given station is fixed.

For the last 3 or 4 months it's just been showing the timetabled times, but I noticed a few times last week that this is no longer the case.

I though it might just be showing random time now, but I just did a comparison against that other page that works for clontarf road, and the next 2 trains in each direction match.

So it looks like they've finally sorted this out.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 13:05   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Doubt its fixed it was showing a pile of invisible trains yesterday

It is somewhat linked to the DARTxt system which we have a complaint filed though both IE and REGTEL and we have them cornered
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 15:17   #3
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Doubt its fixed it was showing a pile of invisible trains yesterday

It is somewhat linked to the DARTxt system which we have a complaint filed though both IE and REGTEL and we have them cornered
If you have them cornered, I have a sharp stick you can borrow to poke them with.

It definitely seems to have improved though - it's showing the real times rather than the timetabled ones. I can prove it:
I missed a train last Wednesday evening because I assumed it was showing timetabled time, so left a couple of minutes late since the train is always late. Got to the station and there was no sign of train or any waiting passengers. So either a) the train was on time; or b) the system is now showing actual up-to-date times. Since a) is a complete ridicuolous suggestion, it has to be b. QED.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 15:25   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

To be fair it seems to work reasonably well at times but it has a number of big issues

1. If things go pear shaped and CTC go to manual routing of trains, eg when the line is closed between two stations, the online thing continues as if nothing is wrong

2. If the train is sitting in the platform waiting to go, eg Howth,Bray, Malahide its not shown even though it could have 10+ minutes before departure

3. If a train is cancelled its shown as running on time

4. The invisible trains I spotted no fewer than 5 on Sunday these invisable trains don't exist in any timetable only in the dream world of the webpage
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote