Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 23-11-2009, 20:14   #21
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

Is the problem with Enfield's platform that the station is located on a bend? The 2005 overhead seems to indicate space east of the existing station to relocate but presumably that has all been blitzed with estates since.
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-11-2009, 20:51   #22
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Given the volumes of passengers on the Mullingar - Maynooth section, restoration of the second track is justified and that combined with higher speeds would eliminate much of the troubles
Even partial double tracking would solve a lot of the problems.
Unread 27-11-2009, 19:03   #23
lambo77
Regular Poster

Angry Friday 18:05 train Connolly - longford

Arrived in maynooth on time at 18:35. At 18:40 driver said there would be another 20 minutes wait for uptrain from Sligo.

18:05 then taken out of service at 18:50. All passengers told to get off and wait for 18:15 to Longford which would terminate in mgar.

18:15 arr maynooth at 18:58 and departed at 19:05.

This is now beyond a joke. commuters beyond maynooth have had enough of this crap service. No trains ontime fir the last month. How can we get refunds for annual tickets?
lambo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-11-2009, 22:34   #24
cullenswood
Regular Poster

I commute from Enfield and have now given up my annual ticket and have started using a private bus company. Far more reliable and quicker than the train!
cullenswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-11-2009, 19:21   #25
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Another delay- killucan

Again the 18:05 held at killucan fir 20 mins in the 30/11.

What time does that bus leave Enfield in the morning and depart Dublin in the evening ?
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:32   #26
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

5.45 Longford - Pearse arrived in Pearse at 7.54 even though it left Drumcondra around 7.34.

I would guess if IR do their stats on Connolly it would be on time but if they go by Pearse it will be late.

I wonder which one they will use?
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 13:53   #27
cullenswood
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo77 View Post
Again the 18:05 held at killucan fir 20 mins in the 30/11.

What time does that bus leave Enfield in the morning and depart Dublin in the evening ?
there are loads that leave Enfield in the mornings.

I get the Kearns ones which are the fastest and most reliable I think. 25 euro for a 10 journey tickets.

See here for timetable.

http://www.kearnstransport.com/index...d=1&Ite mid=2
Unread 02-12-2009, 15:22   #28
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Enfield Bus

How long does the bus take in the evening to Enfield?
Unread 02-12-2009, 15:24   #29
cullenswood
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo77 View Post
How long does the bus take in the evening to Enfield?
About 45 to 50 mins max. It goes from the Ha'penny Bridge so misses all the traffic on the quays before O'Connell St, and then there are bus lanes the rest of the way
Unread 04-12-2009, 19:46   #30
James Howard

Default It is beyond a Joke

Luckily I've been travelling for work this week so have only had to travel three times but every evening train I've been on has been a minimum of a half an hour late. I am now sitting in Mullingar at 19:43 on the 18:05 from Connolly.

I am fairly consistent about pestering them for vouchers for an hour delay but the one feature of the last month is that not one train I have been on has been an hour late. But pretty much every day I have spent an hour extra on the train between the two trips.

When they get the line re-opened I am going to start pestering them about claiming a partial refund for this. It isn't going to achieve anything but if everyone starts doing it, it will at least cost them some effort and stamps.

I know that basically there is nothing can be done to reopen the line until the floods drain, but a number of possible solutions spring to mind. They could look at having the up-trains leave Sligo 15 minutes early to ensure that the timings for meeting trains work. Perhaps just cancelling a mid-afternoon train each way for the duration would also allow the timings to catch up for the evening rush. Or just run one or two evening up trains all the way by bus to keep the way clear for the busy down-trains.

What particularly sticks in my craw is sitting in Killucan for 20 minutes to meet an up-train with about 15 passengers. Particularly when it takes about 7 minutes to get to Mullingar.

There! Rant over and I feel a bit better
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 16:09   #31
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Common Sense

Well said James. I agree with everything you posted. One would think Irish rail would come up with a solution to such problems. However common sense seems to be in short supply in that company.

By the way where can I get the forms to claim refunds for late trains. ?
Unread 07-12-2009, 16:15   #32
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

You can get the form at any station, or download it from http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/refunds.php.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:52   #33
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

5.45 Longford - Pearse was a couple of mins late into Maynooth but 20 minutes into Pearse. Was about 9-10 mins late into Connolly.
Unread 09-12-2009, 08:20   #34
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

5.45 Longford - Pearse arrived in Maynooth at 7.10 and got to Tara Street at 7.56.

On days like this can the 7.15 from Maynooth - Connolly not be moved forward to become the 6.58 from Maynooth - Pearse?
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:06   #35
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Dublin Sligo 17:05 9/12 enfield farce

Arrived outside Enfield on time 17:50

stopped for 10 mins then reversed 1km back to Dublin.

Then let into Enfield to let off passengers. Then reversed 1km again to let Sligo Dublin train into Enfield . Another 10 minute wait. Then passed through station.

Held for a total of 15 mins at 2 new level crossings outside killucan(could this work not have been postponed until after flooding has receeded)

Arrived mgar at 18:50.

It gets better every day!!
Unread 10-12-2009, 13:27   #36
James Howard

Default Last couple of trains I've been on not too bad

I didn't travel yesterday but this morning's 0545 from Sligo was only about 15 minutes late into Connolly and Tuesday's 1805 from Connolly was only 12 minutes late into Edgeworthstown which is the best timing I have had in over a month.

Somebody was out with a clipboard in Edgeworthstown this morning. The train was 13 minutes late in case anybody actually sees the statistics. I am still waiting on the big poster showing the on-time statistic for November. Oddly enough, there is no sign of it yet.

Not much in the line of updates. Sometime on Tuesday somebody went back in time to the 1st of December and updated the travel alert to say that bus transfers were now between Sligo and Dromod and that there would be delays for rest of this week. No mention of it on Twitter and I disconnected from the Facebook thingy as I don't like being a "Fan" of IE.

What is the point of having website, Twitter and Facebook updates if you aren't sending the same content to them all? That way you have to check three places rather than being able to choose your favourite.
Unread 10-12-2009, 13:42   #37
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The guy with clipboard was part of the DTO annual commuter census

With the Sligo line closed it is inevitable that there will be delays with the bus transfers. They are now running from Dromod
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 13:56   #38
Daz42C
New to the board

The 07.05 service to Sligo arrived into Longford at 9.21 this morning.
Daz42C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 18:17   #39
James Howard

Default I agree that longer journey times are inevitable..

but delays aren't strictly inevitable.

When they were doing the bridge replacement about a month ago it was nowhere near as bad because they decided to run out of Sligo 15 minutes early. The result of this was that the trains kept the timetable after Longford and so everything lined up for passing.

I don't understand why they don't just do this again until the line re-opens.
Unread 15-12-2009, 08:18   #40
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Normal crap service resumed

Normal service resumedon Sligo line yesterday but nothing has changed
18:05 to Longford still had 20 min wait at killucan yesterday.
5:45 Sligo - Dublin was 45 mins late into mullingar today . I asked station master for the reason- driver didn't get out of bed!!

Unbelieveable!!!!