Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-03-2008, 18:47   #81
awhooley
New to the board

Hey Ballymore, thanks for the welcome!. Yeah, the 08:53 was about 5 mins late yesterday morning, so its probably getting better. As for the 0726, I get that on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. And your'e right, never arrived at 0726 yet! normally the old time (0733). Typical Irish Rail: 'Nothing Added but Time!' I like that quote!
awhooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 19:14   #82
awhooley
New to the board

wow, i actually got a seat on the 1805 yesterday! whoo hoo!
Unread 04-03-2008, 13:45   #83
ThomasJ

Well for some! The 18:08 Connolly Maynooth was utter hell last night. Was crushed against the door for half of the journey. Although the 18:05 didn't look too bad last night!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 21:44   #84
awhooley
New to the board

I got the 18:08 a few times to see relatives in Castleknock, and hell that Train gets packed!!! Reminds me of Tokyo!
Unread 22-04-2008, 13:43   #85
thedailygrudge
New to the board

Default No seating on 18.05

Hi Ballymore,

Yes, a group of complain regularly but Paul Slowey of Irish Rail doesn't really see the need to put on more carriages on the 18.05 Longford train.
In one meeting, he explained to us that it is a fact of modern day life that we have to stand and we are lucky we are not on more crowded services. He then said that you always get seats in Maynooth anyway! This is not the case now with some people standing to Enfield or Mullingar.

This was the email I received from P. SLowey of Irish Rail;

"The new 17.05 hrs. Sligo service is proving very popular with Mullingar commuters as it runs non-stop. Staff undertake a passenger count shortly before departure but even with a number of passengers joining it in the last 5 minutes, I have not received any feedback in regard to passengers standing on board. Every year we undertake a survey of passenger loadings on every single service and trends show an increase in passenger travel which reflects on the good service being provided. Currently we do not have any further carriages available to add to the 18.05 hrs. Longford service but we will re-visit the situation for our next timetable."

ANother email stated;
"Currently there are no further carriages available to boost train sizes but in the medium term, new Intercity railcars will give some additional suburban rolling stock into the Dublin Connolly based fleet which will ease the loadings on some services. However there is simply insufficient carriages to provide large trains on all services."

I find that this is just a fob off & they always focus on the fact we should be so "grateful" for the 17.05 express new trains.

What about the rest of us working til 5.30 with no option to catch the nice trains? Also no option to get home after 19.00. Becuase obviously none of us work that late!!! So lucky we have such a "good service" his words not mine!
thedailygrudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-04-2008, 17:04   #86
SardineFrank
New to the board

well realistically the 18.05 service should skip maynooth. the maynooth folk have the dart service option.

this train was brought in to address the fact trains take ages to get to mullingar... yet maynooth is made a stop and there's just to god damn many of them who will ruin it for all mullingar folk because it's a lil faster for them.

as it is it's crowded, smelly, and i've got to stand for the best part of an hour.

i take the 19.05 as a consequence. at least i have comfort but home i don't see until 8.25ish. alas...
SardineFrank is offline   Reply With Quote