Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-03-2007, 20:32   #21
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

I thought DB had to tender with other firms to introduce new routes which is why they keep tinkering with existing ones?
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 20:45   #22
Dave
Regular Poster

No but they do have to get ministerial approval to introduce new routes.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 15:27   #23
shweeney
Regular Poster

wow - integration. the bus times actually line up with the train times. though it would be more useful if it went further, say to nassau street - it could do a loop of trinity.
shweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 15:53   #24
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

wonderful. There are precious few trains to and from Docklands anyway so its not hard to organise.

What I love about the BAC timetable is that buses will run "about every 10-11 mins all day"

Now thats precision.

A question for Maynooth residents. how would you feel if the Clonsilla - Docklands trains were timetabled to actually start in Maynooth but say, no-one told you.

Would it bother you?

Just wondering.
Unread 08-03-2007, 16:48   #25
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
A question for Maynooth residents. how would you feel if the Clonsilla - Docklands trains were timetabled to actually start in Maynooth but say, no-one told you.
Is that actually happening?
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 17:33   #26
Gary
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Dublin Bus is really going for it

Should be possible to buy a rail ticket from Clonsilla with the bus included in fact it would be valid the whole way to Heuston if the status quo remains
Would it not be quicker to walk that route during rush hour?

I hope they keep up their zest for new routes, important one missing I think is connecting the IFSC to Docklands Station to East Point and onto Clontarf Road Station? They must be the two biggest business parks in the city centre.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 23:15   #27
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Note the last train in 19:20!

Quote:
General News
Docklands Station opens Monday 12th March - more services for Clonsilla to City Centre commuters by Corporate Communications

Iarnród Éireann welcomes customers to the new Docklands Station, which opens this Monday morning 12th March.

First services to and from the new station will be the 07.00hrs Clonsilla to Docklands and 07.30hrs Docklands to Clonsilla.

With four extra services citybound in morning, and four extra services in the evening to Clonsilla, in addition to the existing services on the Maynooth to Connolly/Pearse line, there's a great choice of peak services for west Dublin commuters, with services on average every 10 minutes between 07.30hrs and 09.00hrs.

AM PEAK – PM PEAK
FROM CLONSILLA TO CLONSILLA
6.35HRS ( C ) 15.59HRS (P)*
7.00HRS (D) 16.20HRS (D)
7.15HRS (P) 16.34HRS (P)*
7.37HRS ( C ) 17.10HRS (D)
7.45HRS (D) 17.15HRS ( C )
7.52HRS (P) 17.28HRS ( C )
8.05HRS ( C ) 17.37HRS (P)*
8.13HRS (P)* 17.38HRS (D)
8.20HRS (D) 18.05HRS ( C )
8.32HRS (P) 18.08HRS (P)*
8.45HRS (D) 18.30HRS (P)
8.55HRS ( C ) 18.45HRS (D)
9.17HRS (P) 19.00HRS (P)
9.25HRS ( C ) 19.20HRS (D)

Bold= new services from 12th March. AM Peak times denote departure time from Clonsilla. PM peak times denote departure time from city centre. (P)= service operates to/from Pearse. ( C )= service operates to/from Connolly. (D)= service operates to/from Docklands. *= service operates to/from stations south of Pearse. Please note Docklands services do not serve Drumcondra, and run directly between Broombridge and Docklands Station.

While directly serving stations from Clonsilla in, the new services will also free up capacity on existing Maynooth line services.

There are a total of 15 services per day between Clonsilla and Docklands, in addition to the existing schedule. Full timetable details are available from our homepage.

Onward connection
Dublin Bus are offering a range of services to and from Docklands Station, The new 151 route and new feeder bus 93 route will be available for Docklands Station commuters.

Full details are available at the Dublin Bus website.

We look forward to welcoming you to Docklands Station.

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 08-03-2007 at 23:25.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 23:37   #28
Derek Wheeler

The little exit from Docklands and the sight of a scruffy Dublin Bus opposite it, all enacted on Sheriff street bridge is perhaps the sorriest sight Ive witnessed in terms of Dublins developing transport system. The whole thing looks pathetic. But of course, I could be wrong.

But I still wouldn't mind a few Kildare line trains running into it.

Once again I run the mantra....IE promised this to the Oireachtas committee in 2004. But that promise was broken. Mark? Any chance of that fine quote from Joe Meagher again?

Last edited by Derek Wheeler : 08-03-2007 at 23:41.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 23:41   #29
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

On Tuesday afternoon there where armed gardai manning a checkpoint at the bridge

Don't hang around, get the bus after dark seriously no disrespect to the locals but armed gardai is not a good sign. Been up and down frequently over the last year never seen any trouble all the same just be careful
Unread 08-03-2007, 23:48   #30
Derek Wheeler

Don't forget the Meagher quote Mark.

Armed Gardai have been in the area since a shooting on Mayor street a while back. I reckon its pressure from businesses to keep the area clean. That said, its far from clean. Local people aren't the problem.

In general, that walk from Docklands would scare the crap out of me on a dark evening. Proper planning and less indulgence to developers would have the station located at the end of Mayor street. I did the meetings/presentations with Treasury Holdings nearly 4 years ago. P11 was formed too late to save this mess.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 23:53   #31
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
"We certainly intend to use the Phoenix Park tunnel in the short term to bring trains from the Kildare-Newbridge area into Spencer Dock because there is a demand for that."
Joe Meagher IE MD, 25/2/2004
Strangely IE and the DoT have forgotten about it, it wasn't a once off statement have it in writting elsewhere as well
Unread 09-03-2007, 13:13   #32
Gary
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wheeler View Post
Don't forget the Meagher quote Mark.

Armed Gardai have been in the area since a shooting on Mayor street a while back. I reckon its pressure from businesses to keep the area clean. That said, its far from clean. Local people aren't the problem.

In general, that walk from Docklands would scare the crap out of me on a dark evening. Proper planning and less indulgence to developers would have the station located at the end of Mayor street. I did the meetings/presentations with Treasury Holdings nearly 4 years ago. P11 was formed too late to save this mess.
Its probably one of the safest areas in Dublin at the moment! but that's only as long as the garda high presence continues, there has been in the recent past lots of problems in nearby apartment with vandals and messing around with cars etc.

Also within a hundred yards of the station as you walk towards town the presence of two pairs of runners swong around a telegraph pole indicates a vibrant trade in the narcotic goods sector. Hopefully things can improve but in the short term I say IE will have a couple of security staff stationed there during opening hours.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 13:42   #33
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by markh View Post
Is that actually happening?
You wont be able to get it, its provided for though.
Unread 09-03-2007, 18:21   #34
Oisin88

So now starting from heuston we have 90, 90A, 91, 92, 93 that all run independant timetables, will probably all sit outside Hesuton empty for half an hour while the bus drivers have their tea-break (can't begrudge them that) and then leave heuston in a convoy together.

Why didn't they just extend the 90?

I do see that they have abolished the 90A and the 91, although I could have sworn I saw a 91 in the last few days.

Last edited by Oisin88 : 09-03-2007 at 18:24. Reason: forgot the 90A and checked the timetables
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 18:28   #35
Oisin88

And now I've just spotted that the 93 only goes to Eden Quay!

journey time 10 minutes.
Walking time 12-15 minutes.
gap between services about 50 minutes?
integrated with train arrival times? on the timetable maybe but it is Dublin Bus so probably not....
Unread 10-03-2007, 12:31   #36
Dave
Regular Poster

Can't believe the 93 terminates at Eden Quay, they should have brought it further south of the river maybe even integrating with the luas line at Stephen's Green.

Last edited by Dave : 10-03-2007 at 17:06.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 14:30   #37
Oisin88

Default Now I'm starting to Rave

The 151 timetable says Burgh Quay is 5 minutes from Docklands.
The 93 timetable says Eden Quay is 10 minutes from Docklands.

I appreciate that it could take 5 minutes to cross Butt Bridge sometimes, but it'll take 5 minutes to get into Burgh Quay that day too. Is the 93 going to do the loop of D'Olier or Hawkins Street- College Street- Westoreland St. around to Eden Quay, and if so should there not be stops on Westmoreland St?
Unread 10-03-2007, 21:29   #38
ThomasJ

I was down at the station today. I see the pis is working. It is a pity they connot get them on the maynooth line working. There seems to be a carpark at the station. I wonder will the 93 bus be driving into the station as opposed to where the 151 starts.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 02:01   #39
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Car Park is marked as staff only on the plans

93 terminus is the stop outside the station, a shelter has appeared on the inbound side

I will be down tomorrow to confirm the intercity railcar has arrived and I will make a trip out and back
Unread 11-03-2007, 02:11   #40
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Morning Mark. Nice to see the late shift is alive and well.