Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-04-2010, 19:31   #21
RadarControl
Regular Poster

Just through Newbridge.Broken down train at Newbridge.At least 10 engineers on mobile looking at cab.
RadarControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 19:35   #22
Kilkea
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarControl View Post
Just through Newbridge.Broken down train at Newbridge.At least 10 engineers on mobile looking at cab.
How long before they check the fuel tank and they realise that they forgot to fill it?
Kilkea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 19:39   #23
Kilkea
Regular Poster

At Newbridge too now, looks like they gave up, train is sitting there with nobody around!

Safe home all!
Unread 09-04-2010, 21:04   #24
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
What is the story with annual tickets, how do we claim?

Moving now, very slow though
You can get a form to fill in at Heuston and other main stations. You'll get a voucher based on a percentage of the value of the ticket and the number of journeys in the year that they think the average annual ticket holder makes. As far as I know it's something like 0.0023% of the ticket value (before tax); on a Heuston-Kildare annual ticket it works out at around a fiver.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 21:14   #25
dave wilson
New to the board

Default Delays

I was on the 5pm train and when I arrived in Cork this evening, a lady was announcing the arrival of the train and apologising for it being late, (1 hour). Three men were on the platform handing out forms to the people. My mum told me they were also telling people that the train would be late. Now that is good customer service.
Dave.
dave wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 08:36   #26
Kilocharlie

Any idea which train broke down and how did they get the passengers off, if it had any? It was seen to be empty while still stranded between stations.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:02   #27
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Best guess is the 16:10 Heuston Newbridge service or 16:25 Limerick, 16:30 Galway

Refund on annual is face value / 420 and then 50% of that for 1 hour, or 100% for 2 hours
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-04-2010, 06:51   #28
Kilkea
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilocharlie View Post
Any idea which train broke down and how did they get the passengers off, if it had any? It was seen to be empty while still stranded between stations.
I heard yesterday that it was actually an empty train that they were bringing to Portlaoise. Begs the question, why would they move ghost trains around during rush hour on a Friday?? It would have made sense to do these kinds of moves outside of rush hour purely to keep the trains with actual people on them moving quicker.
Also would be nice to hear why IE decided to jam pack all the trains and send them out of Heuston knowing that there was an issue down the track. The issue was at Sallins long before I even got on my train but they never mentioned anything. It would have given anyone that was in a rush the opportunity to go out and catch a JJKavanagh or Bus Eireann instead.
Unread 13-04-2010, 08:40   #29
Kilocharlie

From Irish Rail Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/iarnrodeireann...

Quote:
A train failed at 16.40 ahead of your 17.25 service between Sallins and Newbridge. This subsequently lead to a 'traffic jam' with trains behind it awaiting clearance to proceed from our staff who had to set up a special safety measure to allow trains go around the failed train on the opposite track. This track had to be setup in a certain way to allow trains coming into and leaving Dublin to operate safely.

You are entitled to 50% compensation under our Passenger Charter as your train was between 1-2 hours late arriving into Limerick. ... See More

To make a claim http://www.irishrail.ie/contact_us/c...ice_delays.asp where you will see a link to a PDF. Fill out the form, attach your ticket and send it into the address on the form.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 14:28   #30
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Some real details final on what happened.

The train didn't fail, it stuck debris on the line somewhere beyond Sallins. It is not clear if it was vandalism or that the train sucked up a piece of track side rubbish. The resultant damage forced the train to halt. Sounds like a piece of rail or a temporary fish plate.

The train had a front facing camera so the facts can be confirmed
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote