Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information > Concerts and Sport Specials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-06-2012, 22:34   #1
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default [10/06/2012]-Extra Tralee-Cork Service-Cork V Kerry Semi Final

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4617

Quote:
Iarnród Éireann are providing a fantastic return service for Kerry fans travelling to see their county men battle it out with Cork in the Munster football Championship semi-final in Pairc Ui Chaoimh on Sunday 10th June, throw in at 14:00hrs.

This service will depart Casement station, Tralee at 11:15hrs serving Farranfore (11:27hrs), Killarney (11:46hrs), Rathmore (12:04hrs), Millstreet (12:12hrs), Banteer (12:22hrs), Mallow (12:55hrs) and arriving in Kent station, Cork at 13:20hrs. The return service will depart Kent station, Cork at 18:45hrs serving all stations as above and arriving in Casement station, Tralee at 21:02hrs.

There is a limited availability on this service so book now to avoid disappointment.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:41   #2
finnyus

There looked to be extra services Cork / Cobh yesterday afternoon as well, but were unadvertised. Noted an extra 1330hrs Cork - Cobh & 1400hrs Cobh - Cork.
finnyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:47   #3
comcor
Really Regular Poster

Location: Cork-Dublin, Cork Commuter and occasionally DART and Dublin-Wexford

I doubt those would have been associated with the match though. Throw in was at 2 o'clock.

Was there a cruise liner in Cobh yesterday.

I was just thinking about this that if Cork City Council ever get around to building the long put off bridge by Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the walk from the station to PuC will be reduced from 40 minutes to about 15 minutes.
comcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 14:55   #4
finnyus

Quote:
Originally Posted by comcor View Post
I doubt those would have been associated with the match though. Throw in was at 2 o'clock.

Was there a cruise liner in Cobh yesterday.

I was just thinking about this that if Cork City Council ever get around to building the long put off bridge by Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the walk from the station to PuC will be reduced from 40 minutes to about 15 minutes.
Yep, too late for throw-in!

Not sure if there was a liner in yesterday. Regardless, if it was a service it should have been advertised. Little Island is again displaying the 2009 timetable on the Cork-bound platform.
finnyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 16:03   #5
comcor
Really Regular Poster

Location: Cork-Dublin, Cork Commuter and occasionally DART and Dublin-Wexford

The funny thing with Cork Commuter is that as a model of railway operations, it's pretty good - reliable, rarely any significant delays etc.

But all the things that go on around it - Communications, TVMs in the stations, integrated ticketing, even something as simple as displaying the right timetable - seem to be completely missing.
comcor is offline   Reply With Quote