Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 25-11-2006, 01:33   #1
cubassist 2
New to the board

Default Ever fallen asleep on a train?

Has anyone ever fallen aslep on the train in the morning only to wake up beyond the last stop? Recently I woke up somewhere between Pearse and GCD to discover an empty train. Luckily I woke up just as the driver was walking up the train to the other end and rolled the train into Pearse again (I think it was for the next service out of town).

Has anybody else had a similar (possibly less fortunate) experience?
cubassist 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-11-2006, 18:51   #2
Brian Condron

I fell asleep on the train back to my hotel near Munich after a day spent at Oktoberfest once. Was woken up by the ticket inspector and told that we would shortly be arriving in Stuttgart! 200km away from where I was going. Used every word of Leaving Cert German to get back to my hotel that night!
Brian Condron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-11-2006, 21:33   #3
sean

A few too many steins of Oktoberfest beer?
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-11-2006, 21:50   #4
ThomasJ

Finished work early one monday. Got the 5.15 ex connolly was only going to clonsilla fell asleep on the train and woke up in longford lucky enough got an inbound sligo train to maynooth and then a train to clonsilla
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-11-2006, 14:18   #5
shweeney
Regular Poster

woke up between greystones and wicklow once (having meant to get off at greystones). Got off at wicklow and was directed by the guy in the station to the opposite platform where a completely empty train pulled up shortly afterwards. I had this train completely to myself back up to greystones. I was a tad worried it might not stop at the station (presumably it was heading back into connolly for the night) but it did.
shweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 19:20   #6
Aphfaneire
Regular Poster

Yeah, i often fear falling asleep on the train, its even worse when im on an enterprise, i dont want to end up in another country, or even more terrifying, dundalk!

But one morning getting the rosslare europort train from drogheda i fell asleep as usual and dozed in and out of sleep at connolly and tara, but i didnt wake at pearse untill we arrived at gcd. I thought oh crap not good, but at least i can get off at landsdown cause my school's minibus picks ppl up there all morning. But just my luck it didnt stop, panic ensues. It finnally stops again at sidney parade and i hope over and get a dart back to landsdown. After that at least i didnt have to pay for my bus ride