Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 01-02-2006, 20:46   #1
ThomasJ

Default [1-2-2006] Early departure of this evenings Bray-Longford service at tara street

as per title this evenings bray-longford service left tara street 2 minutes early. A few clearly upset people at the platform. The guard at the platform said he'd report this.

i think one of the passengers was heading to kilcock. I wonder how they got on?

(one a side note i'm just wondering would it possible to open a "sticky thread" where we can record early and late departures )
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:25   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Of course it should be impossible for this to occur, now the one thing to be clear on if is a train is timed to leave at say 17:50 that means the train moves at 17:50:01 I've seen drivers let the clock tick down and leave exactly on time

This is in clear breach of the customer charter. The driver should be disciplined as he failed to observe the working timetable as it stands which clearly states the times and yes the cab has a digital clock

For the record
Departs
Bray 17:33
Dalkey 17:43
Dun Laoghaire 17:50
Blackrock 17:54
Sydney Parade 17:58
Lansdowne Rd 18:01
Grand Canal Dock 18:04
Pears 18:08
Tara Street 18:10
Connolly 18:17

Please offically record the incident here
http://www.platform11.org/passenger_issues/report.php

If you feel the urge Customer Services, Suburban Rail, Pearse Station, Dublin 2. (Phone +353-1-7033592) more than likely they won't respond since it appears to be a black hole for post. If you really want to cause trouble you can actually visit the office, its the door on the left as you come up the steps to the southbound platform in Pearse, up the stairs. Just be careful opening the door

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 02-02-2006 at 10:26.
Unread 02-02-2006, 23:04   #3
ThomasJ

Thanks for that mark. To be honest I didn't notice the time myself and I don't think the passengers did either I think they thought they were late. but the supervisor on the platform was sure about this and advised them to report this and said he'd be making a report himself
Closed Thread