Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 14-05-2007, 10:59   #1
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Default Signage (or not) at Harmonstown

If I'm just blind, please delete this thread.

Got the DART from Harmonstown this morning. Only the second time I'd ever used the station - came out of it a few months ago.

Had a rough idea where it was - was walking along Brookwood Rise, knew it was somewhere on the right after the post office. Eventually asked someone, and found I'd walked about two minutes past it. I'd actually looked down the lane as I passed, but from the angle I was coming from you can't see the station.

Only had time for a quick look on the way back as I was now running late for the train, but there appear to be absolutely nothing to indicate there's a station there. Didn't even notice any DART signposts in the area.

Did I miss something, or is the station totally unmarked?
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-05-2007, 12:31   #2
robdrysdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post
If I'm just blind, please delete this thread.

Got the DART from Harmonstown this morning. Only the second time I'd ever used the station - came out of it a few months ago.

Had a rough idea where it was - was walking along Brookwood Rise, knew it was somewhere on the right after the post office. Eventually asked someone, and found I'd walked about two minutes past it. I'd actually looked down the lane as I passed, but from the angle I was coming from you can't see the station.

Only had time for a quick look on the way back as I was now running late for the train, but there appear to be absolutely nothing to indicate there's a station there. Didn't even notice any DART signposts in the area.

I don't think it's marked on this side. From memory it's marked on the other side of the lane from Ennafort. Truth is the station entrance is in the wrong place. The platforms should be lengthened northwards and the entrance put onto Brookwood Avenue. Killester station is also in the wrong place and should have the entrance moved to Collins Avenue.
robdrysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-05-2007, 13:28   #3
Gary
Regular Poster

Is there not plans to move Kilester to Collins Avenue? Been talked about for a long time. Those road entrances are way too narrow and no bus can serve them.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-05-2007, 13:45   #4
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

These are the dart stations on the northside, when going north at the end of a train, have no on platform signage as to which station they are???#

sure in station signage should come first..
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-05-2007, 13:51   #5
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post
Any station I've used on the Northside has been really badly signposted.
markpb is offline   Reply With Quote