Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-11-2006, 18:42   #1
Aphfaneire
Regular Poster

Default New dart route maps?

As i was waiting for the Drogheda train home just at the start of "rush hour's"
I noticed that on all the darts in all the carrages new or old, they had new route maps that appeard to include the luas. These seemed to be aswell as the electric lights used to display the route of the dart, which rarely are on.

I bring this up as i did not see these maps on the "Rust bucket"(dart style seats in older diesel) maynooth train around 4 pm. Also i have been looking out for them but the route map is also not available on the commutter trains. Infact the commuter trains seem to be missing all there route maps, with either empty ad holders or signs from IE saying "please dont use portable seating". These new maps are obiously an improvement on the old ones dating from 2003 before the service was fully upgraded or when the luas red line was completed. Why is it that the dart is given this map and not the commuter when the route map includes the commuter line, the arrow line, maynooth, and the some what mythical south-east commuter(which should just be called rosslare europort trains and gorey trains, cant think of a name for it)
Unread 09-11-2006, 18:53   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

We have been promised in writting that all DART and railcars would be fitted with the new map
http://www.platform11.org/news/news....006&no=21.html

It did take 10 months of banging our head off a brick wall with IE to make it happen

Should note that in one of the more werid moves in IE, formerly there was a suburban manager there now is a fragmented structure of 2 intercity managers and DART which makes life impossible

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 10-11-2006 at 09:04.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 19:22   #3
Aphfaneire
Regular Poster

Wow, those guys need thier heads sorted out! Thanks anyway, ive been looking at the route map in disgust for 2 years now, at least its a bit better now.