Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-07-2007, 08:49   #1
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Default 6 Car Friday!

It seems that the 16.50 ex Bray on a Friday has been a 6 car 2800 for the last two weeks. Luckily my girlfriend gets on at Sydney Parade and has sent me a text so I can move up the platform at Lansdowne before it arrives but there is a mad scramble along the platform when the train comes in everywhere. Especially in Tara.

I'd say everyone running and pushing up the platform when they realise it is a six car set is fairly dangerous.
Terrontress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:22   #2
ThomasJ

Indeed, that train usually runs the 17.28 bray-longford on a friday. which has been 4-car 29000 operated on a friday for the last 2 weeks.

the 6-car set 2800 running that drogheda service was also displaying "longford" confusing people all the way as there was no announcements until it reached pearse.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 09-07-2007 at 09:37.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 14:42   #3
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
Indeed, that train usually runs the 17.28 bray-longford on a friday. which has been 4-car 29000 operated on a friday for the last 2 weeks.

the 6-car set 2800 running that drogheda service was also displaying "longford" confusing people all the way as there was no announcements until it reached pearse.
Yeah, because there is one to Maynooth, which is on the same line as Longford, not long after the Drogheda one. It confused me, especially as they don't seem to use the information screens inside the 2800s. But getting on in Lansdowne I knew I could always get off along the line before Connolly if I was on the wrong train.
Unread 30-07-2007, 09:55   #4
Terrontress
Regular Poster

They are still at it. I took the train home on Friday. Again a 6 car 2800. People running along the platform when they realise it is short. I was sitting, sweltering on a seat. The air con, of course, was off. I saw a pregnant woman so gave up my seat. I was glad to stand up as I got some fresh air from the window but there is no room to even stand comfortably. This service is an absolute disgrace and a terrible way to start the weekend!
Unread 31-07-2007, 20:05   #5
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

There should a max/min thermometer installed on carriages and IE forced to record the temps on them and provide them to the RSC. We've got one in our server room, they take up very little space
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:46   #6
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlingm View Post
There should a max/min thermometer installed on carriages and IE forced to record the temps on them and provide them to the RSC. We've got one in our server room, they take up very little space
I wonder whether tonight's journey home will be the 40 minutes of crammed in, oven roasted, sweaty ond irritable office workers that I have become used to on Friday afternoons!?!
Unread 03-08-2007, 13:01   #7
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

I'll tell you shortly after 4pm
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 13:05   #8
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrontress View Post
I wonder whether tonight's journey home will be the 40 minutes of crammed in, oven roasted, sweaty ond irritable office workers that I have become used to on Friday afternoons!?!
I think your only hope is that the oven roasted, sweaty and irretable office workers have finished early for the long bank holiday weekend.

I think unless IE change focus on which trains should be 8 car/6 car/4 car etc. it will be the same as usual the 6 car set. Be greatful you are not on the bray-longford thats a 4-car doing the job of an 8-car and isn't the most pleasnt of journeys to say the least!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 15:21   #9
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Well it looks like a 8 car 29k tonight on the 16:50
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 15:50   #10
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Fantastic! Hopefully with the air conditioning turned on!
Unread 07-09-2007, 16:44   #11
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Well six car Friday is four car Friday today!

We are just pulling into Connolly now. Think hot, sweaty, sticky, crowded, dangerous, irate etc. etc. Luckily I have a seat. Scouting round for someone more deserving but can't see one person beyond me.