Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-01-2010, 16:56   #41
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
that's a terrible way to describe the denizens of the members section.

there are of course "quiet zones" on intercity trains, which of course is either a wonderful invention or an admission that the existing bye-laws are not going to be enforced on the rest of the train, depending on how cynical one is.

anyway, bonus points to the man who wrote that letter about the accordion playing by our friends from the east. it is well known that as well as water boarding the CIA would sometimes go to such extreme measures as bringing in such people into the interrogation rooms for the extraction of information from hardened terrorists. If that failed they would then resort to Country and Irish
apologies i have just seen that last paragraph i wrote embarrassing to say the least. I meant to say its annoying that the same people come up to you every day dont remember you giving them a couple of euro earlier and then abuse you when you say you already did.

I have edited my earlier post !
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 17:16   #42
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
apologies i have just seen that last paragraph i wrote embarrassing to say the least. I meant to say its annoying that the same people come up to you every day dont remember you giving them a couple of euro earlier and then abuse you when you say you already did.

I have edited my earlier post !
don't be embarrassed by it, tis grand. its when they refuse to give you the magazine after you've given them the money that it gets funny, and some little minder bloke with a stavros tache comes out of nowhere giving out to you to make it really comic
Unread 07-01-2010, 17:28   #43
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
there are of course "quiet zones" on intercity trains, which of course is either a wonderful invention or an admission that the existing bye-laws are not going to be enforced on the rest of the train, depending on how cynical one is.
I've never actually noticed a quiet carriage before in its official status, but coming down over Christmas, the train host was quite direct when someone onkly turned his headphones down from "unbelievably loud" to "inappropriately loud"
Unread 07-01-2010, 17:32   #44
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I've never actually noticed a quiet carriage before in its official status, but coming down over Christmas, the train host was quite direct when someone onkly turned his headphones down from "unbelievably loud" to "inappropriately loud"
they have little stickers up above the windows to tell you its a quiet zone.
Unread 07-01-2010, 17:54   #45
ThomasJ

Quote:
don't be embarrassed by it, tis grand. its when they refuse to give you the magazine after you've given them the money that it gets funny, and some little minder bloke with a stavros tache comes out of nowhere giving out to you to make it really comic
ROFL!

I have never noticed that i have given the money but never taken the magazine but i have to check that out !

My friend has had some horrible experiences of that magazine at an ATM a while back!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote