Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 25-08-2009, 09:42   #1
Audrey
New to the board

Default Taxsaver refunds

Recieved from my company this morning regarding refunds

Please forward this notice to all Taxsaver Rail Customers on the Northern line.

There is significant disruption to Northern commuter, and Belfast Enterprise services due to a serious incident in which a 20 metre section of the viaduct has given way across Broadmeadow estuary, North of Malahide Station on Friday the 21st of August.

Northern Commuter – Dundalk/Drogheda to Skerries rail service. Customers travelling to/from the city centre are advised of the following arrangements: Dundalk/Drogheda/Laytown/Gormanston to city centre: A special bus service will operate directly between Drogheda and Dublin Connolly. Rail tickets are valid on these special services. Customers from Dundalk, Laytown and Gormanston can connect to this special bus service by using the Dundalk/Drogheda to Skerries rail services. This bus service will use the Dublin Port Tunnel. Please note there is reduced capacity at Drogheda Station car park, to provide an area for the bus service departures and arrivals. For timings from your station, please download the appropriate timetable on www.irishrail.ie

Balbriggan Customers : A special direct bus service will operate between Balbriggan and Connolly station commencing tomorrow morning, 25th August for the morning and evening peak. Rail tickets will be accepted on this service. Balbriggan - Connolly: 07:00hrs, 07:30hrs, 07:45hrs, 08:00hrs, 08:30hrs Connolly (Sherrif St. Upper) - Balbriggan: 17:00hrs, 17:30hrs, 17:45hrs, 18:00hrs, 18:30hrs Balbriggan commuters can also avail of a train service to Skerries. Dublin Bus will provide an enhanced No. 33X bus service from Skerries to Dublin and will accept rail tickets on this service. Passengers are to board the No. 33/ 33X at the scheduled stops to Dublin City Centre (Marlborough) and return from Lower Abbey Street.

Skerries/Rush&Lusk : Dublin Bus will provide an enhanced No. 33X bus service and will accept rail tickets on this service. Passengers are to board the No. 33 at the scheduled stops to Dublin City Centre (Lower Abbey Street) from Skerries onwards and return from Lower Abbey Street. Balbriggan customers can connect to this service via rail service to Skerries. Additional buses will use the Dublin Port Tunnel, in line with Route 33X. Regular no. 33 timetable is available on www.dublinbus.ie

Donabate Customers :A peak-time Dublin Bus shuttle service will operate directly between Donabate Station (Dublin Bus Stop) and Malahide Train Station to connect with DART services. No Rail services will operate from Donabate. Peak services: Donabate Station to Malahide DART Station: 07.00, 07.30, 08.00, 08.30, 09.00. Malahide DART Station to Donabate Station: 16.00, 16.30, 17.00, 17.30, 18.00, 18.30, 19.00. Dublin Connolly to Drogheda A direct bus transfer will be in place between Dublin Connolly and Drogheda. Tara Street & Pearse Station to Drogheda Northern Commuters from Tara Street & Pearse Station are advised to take the DART to Dublin Connolly to avail of bus transfers to Drogheda.

DART: Normal DART Services will operate, including to/from Malahide.

Refund/Credits on Taxsaver Tickets as a result of viaduct incident

If a Taxsaver Customer wishes to cancel their Annual or Monthly ticket due to the service disruption on the Northern line service then the following guidelines should be followed.

The employee will return their Annual or Monthly Taxsaver ticket to their employer (to satisfy Revenue Commisioner guidelines) who in turn returns the physical ticket with a letter of explaination by registered post or courier to the Taxsaver office, Connolly Station, corner of Amiens street and Sheriff street, Dublin 1. The Monthly or Annual Taxsaver ticket should be returned as soon as possible.

Iarnród Éireann will give a pro rata refund/credit to any Taxsaver Customer who cancels their Monthly or Annual ticket as a result of the viaduct disruption.

On behalf of Iarnród Éireann, I would like to apologise to all Taxsaver Customers affected by this disruption.

Thanks again for your cooperation.
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-08-2009, 09:46   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

We received confirmation from Irish Rail late last night that refunds where to be offered. http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showpo...&postcount=102

We are awaiting full details of the procedure, when they arrive they will be posted here http://www.railusers.ie/resources/malahide.php

Details for personal customers will be known shortly
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-08-2009, 10:15   #3
roamling

I have handed my annual tax saver ticket into the HR department of my company. They will send it back to IE. Upon question by my HR advisor Irish Rail confirmed that the the ticket will be canceled as soon as they recieve it.

So now I am stuck with the car...
roamling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-08-2009, 11:06   #4
tigger1962

I am confused by one thing... why do they need a letter of explanation? isn't it obvious???
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-08-2009, 11:45   #5
roamling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger1962 View Post
I am confused by one thing... why do they need a letter of explanation? isn't it obvious???
I agree, its probably to make sure someone that is not affected by this part of the network does not cancel the ticket. My HR advisor did it for me, so there was nothing I had to worry about.
roamling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-08-2009, 16:59   #6
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

I'm wondering for people who are travelling from the Northern Line to other parts of the network - will the replacement buses be kept going until rail services resume?
Unread 27-08-2009, 15:24   #7
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamling View Post
I agree, its probably to make sure someone that is not affected by this part of the network does not cancel the ticket. My HR advisor did it for me, so there was nothing I had to worry about.
That's something I'd been wondering about. I'm not directly affected on my main commute. However, I would go out past Malahide sometimes, and that's a part of the servie which I have paid for which Irish Rail are now in no position to deliver. So I don't see what right they have to start looking for letters of explanation - if I now decide that the value of my ticket is now not worth it because of that missing element of the service, and I want a refund, that's my business.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-08-2009, 15:29   #8
tigger1962

I'm not sure I'll be able to cancel... my only other choice is bus eireann and their timetable doesn't currently suit my work arrangements.(childcare issues)

My work won't deal with a private bus service which does suit me so it looks like I'll have to stay with the current arrangements.. I suppose the next week will have a telling impact and more so when the colleges reopen!
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-08-2009, 17:01   #9
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post
That's something I'd been wondering about. I'm not directly affected on my main commute. However, I would go out past Malahide sometimes, and that's a part of the servie which I have paid for which Irish Rail are now in no position to deliver. So I don't see what right they have to start looking for letters of explanation - if I now decide that the value of my ticket is now not worth it because of that missing element of the service, and I want a refund, that's my business.
I think the letter you send them is merely to explain "service not available, want refund" so as to distinguish if from "ticket found, don't know who owns it" and "moving to Australia, would like balance of ticket refunded" letters.