Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-02-2011, 18:03   #81
areidy
New to the board

What were those changes? For what its worth myself and my husband stuck in some suggestions on the Irish rail page.

Aish
areidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 18:09   #82
areidy
New to the board

Default meeting

Stevetee,
I seen on a monasterevin discussion forum you're thinking of another rail users meeting.
(Think it was you!) I'd be interested in going along when you know when it is.

Aish
areidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-04-2011, 14:07   #83
stevetee
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by areidy View Post
Stevetee,
I seen on a monasterevin discussion forum you're thinking of another rail users meeting.
(Think it was you!) I'd be interested in going along when you know when it is.

Aish
Hi there,

I arranged 3 meetings during March/April 2011, one of which was stillborn by date mixup but on all occasions no-one showed up. I'm used to this level of response, takes time to get peoples attention but Ive now left it until end of May/early June before attempting to organise a meeting. People are either busy, asleep or disinterested.

The changes I referred to are listed in an earlier posting on this thread. MRUG met up with IE last in October 2009 to discuss timetable tweaks and the response was suspiciously productive. Nothing came of it alas bar the late night addition which was great and I hope people are using it.

There remains a huge hole in the Dublin bound timetable between 9am and 7pm that requires serious plugging but with the KRP, the recession blah-de-blah, IE have gone all quiet and MRUG suspect the patient may be terminally ill - note IE wasnt mentioned as a potential candidate for sell-off in McCarthys latest "Ode to a Firesale".

We've a tough battle to even get their attention these days but MRUG are in it for the long haul.

Ill post up any meeting notifications here and on the Monasterevin Forum.

Steve
stevetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 17:51   #84
stevetee
Regular Poster

Default MRUG update and "How come I cant read my private messages ?"

Hi ,

Ive got 5 new private messages but the administrator has blocked access to them. Is that just me or does the same apply to everyone ? Can I get the access restored plz ?

Havent logged on in a good while because its been quiet on the progress front and MRUG has been mothballed for the last few years. The new timetable for 2013 however looks very promising for Monasterevin. Its not finalised yet so Ill keep my powder dry but a/c to the draft timetable, there will be additional Dublin bound services stopping at Monasterevin during the day. One of MRUGs goals was to plug the late morning/afternoon/early evening ginormo timetable gap on Dublin-bound services. And not just Dublin bound either. It means residents of the town can travel to Kildare or Newbridge/Whitewater etc without using their cars. Thats fantastic news and will hopefully get people out and about who dont have access to a car/cant afford to run their cars no more.

Hats off to Irish Rail for a bit of good news which is in very short supply there days.

I didnt check the Sunday service side of things but Im assuming the same might apply as we currently have no Sunday service at all ! Ill wait and see what comes out post 20th January.

Sunday services and ticket machine are MRUGs next targets.

Regards,

Steve
Unread 10-01-2013, 20:29   #85
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

PM system was shut down 6 months ago due large scale spam and a security risks. Sadly we cannot re-enable it at this time as it would risk the site being shutdown.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2014, 12:00   #86
stevetee
Regular Poster

Default Status of station 2014/2015 ???

Hi Mark,

As the main contact point for MRUG, Ive had a few emails sent to me over the last few months regarding rumours that Monasterevin train station is (once again) earmarked for closure.

I can find no evidence offline or on line for this claim.

Could you double check with your contacts in IE to see if there is any truth to these runours ?

Regards,

Steve Tee
Unread 12-12-2014, 15:16   #87
laoisfan
Regular Poster

I could be wrong but...I believe there has been or perhaps it is currently still-in-progress a review of all train stations on the network in terms of passenger numbers. This is to justify the manning though not necessarily closure of some train stations.

Has a TVM (Ticket Vending Machine) been installed in Monasterevin ? There was one installed in Ballybrophy a few months back but office hours have not been affected...yet.
laoisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2014, 17:30   #88
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

There are certain reasons Ballybrophy is staffed separate to the ticket office function.

Monastervin has a TVM for quite some time

No proposal for closure of ANY station has been made, Monastervin nowhere near the least used station list

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 12-12-2014 at 17:33.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-12-2014, 14:32   #89
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Don't think we will see any closed, to much of a political football especially coming up to an election.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 13-12-2014 at 14:35.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-07-2015, 15:49   #90
stevetee
Regular Poster

Default 2016 Timetable

Hi,

So IE are planning a timetable revision for 2016 ? Thats good news.

From todays IT

"Iarnród Éireann has said it plans to release a new timetable in early 2016 to keep up with the increased demand, with a public consultation to be held in autumn regarding changes to services."

My enquiry concerns the public consultation bit . How will that be organised and can we make sure MRUG is included in the consultation process ? Who should I contact ? Been a while since I spoke to anyone in IE so Im starting from scratch :-) Any steerage is welcome

We still have no Sunday service in Monasterevin and I want to organise a pitch for it when the time comes.

Ta,

Steve
Unread 20-07-2015, 16:15   #91
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetee View Post
Hi,

So IE are planning a timetable revision for 2016 ? Thats good news.

From todays IT

"Iarnród Éireann has said it plans to release a new timetable in early 2016 to keep up with the increased demand, with a public consultation to be held in autumn regarding changes to services."

My enquiry concerns the public consultation bit . How will that be organised and can we make sure MRUG is included in the consultation process ? Who should I contact ? Been a while since I spoke to anyone in IE so Im starting from scratch :-) Any steerage is welcome

We still have no Sunday service in Monasterevin and I want to organise a pitch for it when the time comes.

Ta,

Steve
It will (in all probability) be in the same format as the consultation before the current timetable was issued (excluding the various minor timetable changes).

The draft timetable will be published on the website in September/October in a pdf document, and then the public would be invited to make submissions on the proposals to a specific email address. In other words, everyone can have their say.

Then the submissions will be analysed and changes made where possible.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-07-2015, 16:45   #92
Traincustomer

Used Monasterevin a few weeks ago mid afternoon on a Saturday and was pleased to see several others waiting for the Dublin-bound train.

Would like to see a footpath (from the town direction) extended to the station entrance.

Steve, out of interest is there still a shop at the station at certain times?
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote