Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 23-01-2007, 09:06   #1
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default [23-1-2007] Delays this morning at Sandymount

Travel Alerts
DART Delays - Northbound & Southbound - Tuesday 23rd January 2007. by Corporate Communications

Due to a level crossing fault at Sandymount, there is currently a delay of 15 minutes to all northbound and southbound DART services.

Iarnród Éireann apologies for this delay and the inconvenience it may cause to customers.

Updated at 9.00hrs.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 09:58   #2
robdrysdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashers View Post
Travel Alerts
DART Delays - Northbound & Southbound - Tuesday 23rd January 2007. by Corporate Communications

Due to a level crossing fault at Sandymount, there is currently a delay of 15 minutes to all northbound and southbound DART services.

Iarnród Éireann apologies for this delay and the inconvenience it may cause to customers.

Updated at 9.00hrs.
Just arrived into work. The delay is more like 40 mins. Got on 08:21 Dart in Harmonstown (at about 08:25), got off in Blackrock at 09:30. That's 1 hr 10 mins. It should have arrived at 08:50.
robdrysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 10:36   #3
MOH
Really Regular Poster

At Killester at 9:28 the next train was showing up as 29 mins. Definitely longer than 15 mins. Plus scrolling message at Killester earlier said that the delay was due to 'massive signal failure'. They can't even get their excuses co-ordinated any more.

Last edited by MOH : 23-01-2007 at 11:19.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 11:33   #4
zag
Regular Poster

Default Still delayed

I got a northbound DART at about 1015 from Blackrock this morning. Everything appeared to be going well (it arrived, didn't delay and left again) and I assumed all was cleared up ahead, but we sat at Booterstown for a few minutes and it continued that way until we got to Sandymount when we just sat and sat and sat. In fairness, the driver came on and said he was waiting for the backlog ahead to clear through, so we were kept up to date.

The platform signage indicated that the delays were due to a 'major signalling fault' at Sandymount level crossing, but when we were passing the crossing the guys were working on the flashing lights on the crossing. I guess it is all signalling related.

I hope there were some re-positioning movements which accounted for the backlog ahead of us and not really a backlog that had existed since well before 0900 when I saw the trains starting to back up. I would not llike to have been in a rush to get to work this morning.

On a side note, I'm sure the people sitting on the train at the platform in Booterstown (and Blackrock too) would like to thank their drivers for leaving the doors open for 15+ minutes on the coldest day of the year so far at an exposed sea-level station. At least the train I passed between the two stations had the doors closed and so people were warm.

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 11:38   #5
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zag View Post
On a side note, I'm sure the people sitting on the train at the platform in Booterstown (and Blackrock too) would like to thank their drivers for leaving the doors open for 15+ minutes on the coldest day of the year so far at an exposed sea-level station. At least the train I passed between the two stations had the doors closed and so people were warm.
I guess this is one of those no-win sitations: If they close the doors, people will be stuck and can't bail out to get a bus. If they open them, people will be cold. If they alternate between them, people will get their hopes up each time and then have them horribly dashed.
markpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 11:44   #6
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Well some drivers will lock the doors then unlock them so as many doors as possible are closed

If you are on a 27/28/29 railcar or a Mk4 push the red button on the door to close it (it will open again if someone pushes the green button)
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 12:20   #7
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Not a day goes by without a screw up

Quote:
DART Services - Normal service has resumed- Tuesday 23rd January 2007. by Corporate Communications

Normal DART services has now resumed on both Northound and sourthbound routes.

Updated at 11.30hrs.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 12:45   #8
MrX
Really Regular Poster

The stuck barrier caused serious problems to traffic in Sandymount/Ballsbridge too!
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 13:35   #9
al2637

There does seem to be an increasing number of problems with the DART. It is becoming VERY unreliable. Is it just old? Shouldn't the upgrade have replaced a lot of the parts that are failing?

I was delayed for about 35mins this morning. Freezing cold
al2637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 18:54   #10
ThomasJ

Default And delays this evening too- tuesday

Due to a vehicle striking bridge at amiens street. Trains delayed as much as 30 minutes at the moment
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 19:37   #11
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default Lies, lies and more lies

I was in Pearse St @ 10.30am today. A northbound Bray/Dun laoghaire to Drogheda service due @ 09.55am was 40 mins late. The scrolling notice said delays were up to 20 mins, whereas the reality was 40 mins.
When I rang the Connolly information desk to ask them to fix the message, and tell the truth, I can safely say,that in the last while in dealing with IE I could not have spoke to someone who had absolutely no interest correcting the error.
It's a joke!
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 19:38   #12
Mark

Poor form with IE today at Connolly Station. No staff, no announcments, no information. People were moved from platforms only to be told to return 10 minutes later. A lot of confusion.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote