Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 21-11-2013, 18:38   #1
DundalkStudent
New to the board

Default IE Service with a Smile?

Don't get me wrong, I am determined not to fall out with IE during my time as a customer. And yes, IE, I am a customer.

Also don't get me wrong in my appreciation 95% of the time. The Dundalk station staff are gas and really provide a great service. And most of the other staff are really helpful.

But 1 time in 10 or maybe 1 time in 20 you really come across the bad apples.

Yes I know the enterprise are obsessed with improving their timing. Yes, know that there is so much significant cushioning in time between runnings plus lack of a need to move train stock around and therefore no real need for it ever to be running late. Yes, I know the only trains I seem to miss are enterprises. I know all DARTs are running behind at the moment. And yes I know that I got off at Pearse by accident instead of staying on till Connolly. And lastly I totally knew I was chancing my arm and living on borrowed time thinking I might make the 1650 enterprise.

But there are many days that the enterprise runs late, especially on the last run of the night (pattern here folks?) and I'm ok with that because issues happen and I factor in time at either end of my journey.

So to sum up: I'm ok with everything and I'm cheerily going on my merry way because overall I'm a happy commuter and know we're better off than in the UK where the general staff consensus seems to be that it would be a great train service if it wasn't for all the bl**dy customers!

But when the gate is closed and I've missed the Enterprise once again by 30 seconds and I ask nicely, while out of breath having run from platform 6 to 2, have I missed the train? IE staff worker at the gate, a little bit more than a "Yep" as you brush past me would make a big impact on my experience as a customer, not ruin the whole thing for me, and cause me to have a feedback session in this venue.

Customer care 19 times out of 20 is great at IE but there are still a few who believe I am there to provide them with a job as opposed to them being there to provide me with a service.

IE staff worker: if you hate your job at IE, please feel free to seek employment elsewhere or social welfare benefits on my tax euros, I give you permission! There's 1000s waiting to take your place who have the empathy required to provide even this tiny extra, no cost, high gain service.

Ok, rant over.
DundalkStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-11-2013, 19:08   #2
Concerned Worker
New to the board

In relation to your post:
IE staff worker: if you hate your job at IE, please feel free to seek employment elsewhere or social welfare benefits on my tax euros, I give you permission! There's 1000s waiting to take your place who have the empathy required to provide even this tiny extra, no cost, high gain service.

It always makes me laugh when persons in receipt of state handouts i.e Student Grants get on the "I pay your wages bandwagon " you have no idea if the IE staff worker hates his/her job and are in receipt of your tax euros !!,
You missed your Train, no ones fault but yours.
Concerned Worker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-11-2013, 22:02   #3
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Maybe Dundalk student was arriving in Connolly by DART. If so, there is a very good chance it was late, hence the sprint from 6 to 2.

Also it is not unknown for Belfast trains to depart Dublin ahead of schedule.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-11-2013, 08:38   #4
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Worker View Post
In relation to your post:

It always makes me laugh when persons in receipt of state handouts i.e Student Grants get on the "I pay your wages bandwagon " you have no idea if the IE staff worker hates his/her job and are in receipt of your tax euros !!,
You missed your Train, no ones fault but yours.
How do you know he has a grant - do you know something that I don't.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote