Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 26-11-2018, 14:28   #1
stylefactory
New to the board

Default New Dublin Rail Map / Feedback Wanted

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me asking a rail-related favour.

I've put together a couple of resources for Dublin rail users:

- a new Dublin rail map
- a Dublin public transport website - a portal which provides key information about how to travel around Dublin.

These are more or less a labour of (slightly nerdy!) love. They're independently produced by me, using information made publicly available by Dublin's transport operators.

The idea behind the map is to provide a really high-quality overview of rail transport in Dublin - a map similar to those you'd find in a major European capital like London, Berlin or Paris. Importantly, it contains wheelchair accessibility information - something which I believe other maps of Dublin public transport don't really contain.

As for the new website, it's also there to fill a gap and provide a 'one-stop-shop' for info about travelling in Dublin. Aside from containing information about buses, trams and trains, it also contains details about about wheelchair accessibility and bike use on public transport.

The favour: I'd be hugely grateful if you could take a look and provide any feedback you may have on either resource. Both are in 'beta' format at the moment and any suggestions are very welcome - and obviously feedback from rail users is the most relevant and valuable going. More information about the project to create both the map and the site is available here: https://www.dublinpublictransport.ie/about-us

Thanks all for your time and I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

best Chris
stylefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2018, 19:15   #2
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

That is a very attractive map, I am not sure that some of the detail is entirely correct but far superior and more informative than the official versions.

A few points.

Stations Bayside to Howth should be flagged as having an infrequent service. All DART stations have an irregular service and often infrequent service later in the evening Mondays to Fridays and on Saturdays and Sundays.

There is car parking at Laytown, mostly Meath County Council which is free.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2018, 16:57   #3
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inniskeen View Post
That is a very attractive map, I am not sure that some of the detail is entirely correct but far superior and more informative than the official versions.

A few points.

Stations Bayside to Howth should be flagged as having an infrequent service. All DART stations have an irregular service and often infrequent service later in the evening Mondays to Fridays and on Saturdays and Sundays.
Yeah I'd have to agree with this .

You could also apply this to malahide-HJ and bray-greystones on the DART and the saggart part of the red line Luas and the broombridge part of the green line Luas , all are less frequent than the core part of those routes .

I think you're better off removing reference to frequencies on the legend.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote