Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 13-03-2018, 18:46   #1
Goods
Regular Poster

Default Online ticket

On the Sligo line this morning bought online ticket night before. This morning when collecting at the machine my number not recognized so had to buy a ticket at twice the price. Explained case to the checker who helpfully indicated that the phone record could count in such a case but to explain at Connolly for a refund for the 2nd ticket. Form filling followed at Connolly - all so unnecessary - it has to be easier than this surely.
Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-03-2018, 20:43   #2
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

They can tell if a ticket was printed off the system. Somebody else may of put in an incorrect digit and printed your tickets off by mistake. If there was a ticket office in your departure station they should of been able to check. If they find that yours or somebody else's ticket was not printed you should get a refund but if all tickets online were printed I am not sure what happens because there may be a problem proving it.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-03-2018, 12:08   #3
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Its impossible for someone to get your ticket

Each ticket number is unique plus 3 of the digits are purely for verification purposes so its ticket number plus a 3 digit pin

In circumstances where the machine will not print the ticket and you have the email confirmation travel. There was an issue yesterday with the machines

If you get the RPU and they refuse to play ball and fine you let me know by email the reservation number and the fine number and I will get the digital people in Irish Rail to confirm that you had paid and the system was down at the time
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-03-2018, 14:56   #4
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Not impossible, I printed in my number before and was given someone elses ticket. Ticket office staff said mine was printed off the system. They printed a receipt page and station manager gave me a stamp and allowed me to travel after writing a note it.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-03-2018, 15:49   #5
Underground
New to the board

On one or two occasions I wasn't able to print a ticket off at my local station (number not recognised). Drove to the next station up the line where they printed no problem.
Underground is offline   Reply With Quote