Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 26-01-2011, 13:15   #1
huggyberry
New to the board

Default Heuston feeder bus conductor

From talking to the managers on the meet the manager’s night in Huston, the biggest topic was "Can they do anything to get the conductor changed on the feeder service?"

I much prefer to use the 90 service, but constantly get the Luas, due to this mans preference for chatting to who ever will listen. Drivers, passengers, even tourist looking for directions, will get his life story, perennially delaying passengers.

The service is so much more effective when he is on a day’s leave or holidays.

I raise this now as I missed my train yesterday evening, after sitting at O’Connell bridge for 15 minutes, I intervened on his conversation with a female passenger about Eastenders and asked him when the bus might be moving?

Is there anything that can be done to get a replacement, hes ruining a good service?
huggyberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-01-2011, 14:29   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

You need to complain to Dublin Bus, not much we can do.

There is far too much of this stand around and chat operation in the CIE group.

We have had some discussion with respect to the 145 issues when the 92 was replaced, some improvement but not enough. There will be an additional route calling Heuston city bound in coming months
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-01-2011, 14:49   #3
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
There will be an additional route calling Heuston city bound in coming months
Hopefully heading Northside such as DCU direction??
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-01-2011, 15:08   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

It will be heading northside

Outbound/west bound, it will stop at the bus stop opposite booking office entrance (i.e. you have to cross the road), inbound/northbound it will do a loop into Heuston before continuing down the quays

I can't remember the route numbers
Unread 26-01-2011, 21:32   #5
Traincustomer

Proposed to be route 79.

Routes diagram at:
http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/65...v10%20copy.pdf

and info at:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Ballyfermot-/

Incidentally the stop on St. John's Road West (on opposite side of booking office entry to Heuston) is also a request stop (pick-up only) for several Expressway and local Bus Éireann routes (e.g. to Edenderry).
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 14:07   #6
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggyberry View Post
From talking to the managers on the meet the manager’s night in Huston, the biggest topic was "Can they do anything to get the conductor changed on the feeder service?"

I much prefer to use the 90 service, but constantly get the Luas, due to this mans preference for chatting to who ever will listen. Drivers, passengers, even tourist looking for directions, will get his life story, perennially delaying passengers.

The service is so much more effective when he is on a day’s leave or holidays.

I raise this now as I missed my train yesterday evening, after sitting at O’Connell bridge for 15 minutes, I intervened on his conversation with a female passenger about Eastenders and asked him when the bus might be moving?

Is there anything that can be done to get a replacement, hes ruining a good service?

I agree 100%

Morning after morning he sends empty buses off from Heuston and thn tries to cram 2 or 3 trains of people on the same bus.

In the evenings its a nightmare, just sitting at O'Connell bridge. You get a bus on Dawson st and he then takes you off the bus at O'connell bridge to sit on another bus for 10 minutes. I also have missed trains because of him.

No matter how many times i make my point to him about this i'm just ignored.

The times that the buses leave are made up in his head no matter what the time table at Heuston said.

I have heard a number of people complain but as usual with Dublin Bus and unions it will be impossible to move this "person".
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-05-2011, 16:15   #7
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

He was off forca few weeks and things ran perfectly, he's back and the messing starts again.

Thankfully I'm parking a bike in the station soon and won't have to deal with thus excuse for an employee at Dublin bus.
Unread 14-05-2011, 21:30   #8
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

cameraphone+youtube=action

you'll see.
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-05-2011, 23:15   #9
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlingm View Post
cameraphone+youtube=action

you'll see.
just get the Luas and make a point of tellin him.
Unread 16-05-2011, 10:21   #10
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
just get the Luas and make a point of tellin him.
True,

But i'm paying for a service and i need to get the bus in the morning at least until i get my bike up.

It was amazing how different the service was when he was away for a few weeks.

His other thing is to check the ticket of every passenger and complains when people show it to the driver and not him.
Unread 16-05-2011, 10:34   #11
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Take note of the date/times

Record the issue and the outcome

Complaint to DB HQ and give us a copy and we can get Irish Rail to lean on DB. I think I know who we are talking about and I agree he is not helping the situation
Unread 16-05-2011, 10:57   #12
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Take note of the date/times

Record the issue and the outcome

Complaint to DB HQ and give us a copy and we can get Irish Rail to lean on DB. I think I know who we are talking about and I agree he is not helping the situation
Beard...............
Unread 16-05-2011, 11:11   #13
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Beard...............
Yup, careful now what you say....
Unread 19-05-2011, 08:37   #14
comcor
Really Regular Poster

Location: Cork-Dublin, Cork Commuter and occasionally DART and Dublin-Wexford

I'm going to say something in defence of this guy.

He really helped me out during the disruption caused by the queen's visit.

He's actually quite helpful and knowledgeable if you need his assistance, so he works well for tourists and people on occasional business in the capital.

The problem is that 90% of people using the 90 and 145 services are on a regular daily commute and he also feels the need to "help" them, even though all he's doing is slowing things down. What's really needed is for him to be more selective about who he talks to.
comcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-05-2011, 12:26   #15
huggyberry
New to the board

Red face hueston conductor

Fair enough Comcor,
I would say the feeders at peak times are 99% commuters who are in a rush and he does not appreciate that. His predecessor Sean was a diamond man.

Happy to have a 1 liner with you on the weather or GAA, but always had his fleet running like clockwork; users have no idea what you’re going to get at the moment and the uncertanty is the problem.

If as you say he’s good in the role you described, Dublin bus have him in the wrong area, he may be better suited to the organising the tour buses where people are not so time conscious and require more assistance.
Unread 20-05-2011, 12:54   #16
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggyberry View Post
Fair enough Comcor,
I would say the feeders at peak times are 99% commuters who are in a rush and he does not appreciate that. His predecessor Sean was a diamond man.

Happy to have a 1 liner with you on the weather or GAA, but always had his fleet running like clockwork; users have no idea what you’re going to get at the moment and the uncertanty is the problem.

If as you say he’s good in the role you described, Dublin bus have him in the wrong area, he may be better suited to the organising the tour buses where people are not so time conscious and require more assistance.
Agree about Sean !

He was at Trinity and then was let lose on us.......

You have to ask is he needed for 2 bus routes, when the 79 changes come in will he be gone ??????
Unread 23-05-2011, 12:24   #17
huggyberry
New to the board

Default Squeeky

Struck again this morning, got into hueston, 7.26.
Buses parked around the corner, hes there talking for 5 minutes before they come around for passengers. More Chatting to drivers and we Left hueston on 91 @ 7.46, and im late for my connecting dart, and late for work. Quality.

1st offence; what do you get for assault,
Unread 26-05-2011, 07:37   #18
Ron Burgundy
Regular Poster

Yesterday was another delightful evening

At O'Connell bridge at 17:19, at 17:29 a bus pulls up and he says no one is to get on it as he is filling an empty one behind it. After a few people try to get on it ( with valid annual tickets ) he tells the driver to sit there until he is ready to let him go

As we get on the empty bus ( wasting time ) i ask why isn't he letting the other 145 go and delaying people who are in a hurry to get train home.........his answer was he's running early, i asked how early and he said 17:50, i asked him where was the 17:40 then and he said there was no such bus.........yet the time table says running every 10 mins i said.......he refused to answer and kept us there for another 5 mins meaning the majority of the bus had get off at heuston and run for their bus.

The man is getting paid to do what ???? its only bus route that goes every 10 mintues ????

He left 2 buses sitting at the bridge ( one half out on the road because he thought he was only pulling in and out quickly ), lied to my face and left people late for and missing trains.

The luas is a no go with the scum and junkies on it in the evenings and with this fella at the bus stop what are paying customers meant to do ffs !
Something has to be done about this guy
Unread 13-07-2011, 09:07   #19
Maire
New to the board

I have a similar experience every morning just after 9am as described above. Buses that are almost empty are instructed to leave the bus stop at Heuston station even while customers are at the bus stop, in the process of getting on to the bus or arriving at the bus stop. If a bus was full, I would completely understand why the conductor would prevent more people from getting on. But the buses are empty and the one that left Heuston this morning was empty upstairs and had a few people downstairs. Apart from causing a major inconvenience to everyone left waiting, it's a waste of fuel and Dublin Bus resources. I really don't understand the logic behind this.
Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-07-2011, 15:29   #20
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Part of the logic may be that buses are needed at another part of the route.