Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > DART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-01-2007, 20:17   #1
losexpectation
Regular Poster

Default Clontarf walkway lights broke for how long

I just started working at East Point BP and notice that the walkway from the Dart station is very dark and the few lights that are there are not working, they have probably not been working for some time. Two of the lamps near the roadway don't work a third is blinking and there is need for another lamp standard at the beginning of the walkaway to fill in dark gap beside at the station.

I CC'd East Point and IE and IE told me that area is owned by DC so I emailed their lights division, I bet those lights have been out for ages, its small prob but I just thought I put it out on cyberspace too.

EP said use the bus but they are timed for darts arriving from town not the other way and I need the fresh air and the exercise.
losexpectation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-01-2007, 20:38   #2
zag
Regular Poster

Default Welcome to East Point

I don't know how long the lights have been out - I either have never noticed or else have just got used to it.

It would be interesting to hear what DC have to say about it.

As for the buses - random timing. The drivers don't even bother looking up at the southbound platform (where they can see the display) to see when the next train is due in, they just head off whenever. Hint - don't wait for a bus to get you to Fairview at lunchtime or you will a) get vey hungry and b) not get to Fairview. I tried mailing East Point management people to suggest running buses at lunchtime when people might benefit from them but their mailbox was full and it bounced back.

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 10:43   #3
shweeney
Regular Poster

the walkway\busway from the station towards the business park is a disgrace - there's no footpath so you have minibuses barrelling along inches from pedestrians around a blind corner.

when they were building the new sidings at fairview they cleared the scrub on either side of the road to put in protakabins - I thought they might use this area for a footpath after the portakabins were removed but it appears not - it now being used for ad-hoc station parking.

I'm just glad I don't work in Eastpoint anymore.
shweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23-01-2007, 13:43   #4
al2637

Or maybe they could have just put a set of steps down the opposite end of the platform to make it easier for people (who make up the majority of station users) coming to/from East Point.
al2637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-01-2007, 04:50   #5
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

the biggest selling paper here has a column called the Fixer. Basically if you do the rounds with the City or an agency like the railway or the electricity company and they don't fix it the paper will get on their case until they fix it. They seem to get very good results

Is there anything similar in the Dublin papers?
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 03:25   #6
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by losexpectation View Post
I CC'd East Point and IE and IE told me that area is owned by DC so I emailed their lights division
If you mean Dublin City Council, a phone call might be more productive. Tell them the number on the lamp standard (usually about 3-4m above ground level).

You can request works like footpaths. http://www.dublincity.ie/sitetools/f...ct_details.asp Passing your request to local councillors will possibly help. Follow up!

I'm surprised that East Point aren't responsive, they had been good at dealing with commuting issues.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 00:12   #7
losexpectation
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
If you mean Dublin City Council, a phone call might be more productive. Tell them the number on the lamp standard (usually about 3-4m above ground level).

You can request works like footpaths. http://www.dublincity.ie/sitetools/f...ct_details.asp Passing your request to local councillors will possibly help. Follow up!

I'm surprised that East Point aren't responsive, they had been good at dealing with commuting issues.
the lights all seem to flicker on and off evening and night.

well yeah, the question is Im I going to go down that road... I guess I already have.

yes VIPRE are apparently an awarding transport mamagement company I see from the times last week... I was hoping they follow it up, they say use the buses but the buses aren't always around at night.
losexpectation is offline   Reply With Quote