Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 13-02-2012, 23:01   #1
ThomasJ

Default Finally! - the CIS screens are now turned on!

So the good news is the real time system for the maynooth line is LIVE!

Most real time screens are live except clonsilla both platforms. These are now on but not ready yet.

I am on the 22.10 and on the live system the train was expected to arrive at louisa bridge at 22.52, when the train left clonsilla, it changed to 22.50 and then back to 22.52. The train left louisa bridge at 22.52. On the system its noe showing statuses of for example departed clnsilla arrived clonsilla etc. Whereas before the last status would be departed drumcondra.

The pis screens are showing the dart format ie "1. Connolly 2 min"

A few screens not ready yet ie clonsilla and maynooth.

Also good to see the notices you see on the city/dart cis screens on these screens.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 14-02-2012 at 00:14.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-02-2012, 23:26   #2
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

I was told about this last week, but I got the impression it would be a few weeks yet.

Be aware that if the system crashes, it may revert to the timetable without saying so.
Unread 14-02-2012, 00:16   #3
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Moore View Post
I was told about this last week, but I got the impression it would be a few weeks yet.

Be aware that if the system crashes, it may revert to the timetable without saying so.
Yep well there is a notice on the screens saying broombridge to maynooth is currently being system tested.
Unread 14-02-2012, 07:34   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Its amazing what can be achieved if someone is willing to pay

The system appears to be fully live and works online as well. Note the signaling on the Maynooth line isn't great so don't expect miracles

Dunboyne is also live, but M3 parkway and Navan Road Parkway are not

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 14-02-2012 at 07:51.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-02-2012, 11:24   #5
karlr42

Working on the city bound platform at Clonsilla, though the "calling at" text only said Drumcondra and Connolly for an all stops to Connolly.
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-02-2012, 21:06   #6
karlr42

Westbound platform was working at 2045 when I was coming home. Seemed accurate. One wonders if there will be screens for the new platform at Clonsilla too.
Unread 14-02-2012, 21:26   #7
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlr42 View Post
Westbound platform was working at 2045 when I was coming home. Seemed accurate. One wonders if there will be screens for the new platform at Clonsilla too.
Yep noticed that too but there is no clock on the westbound cis.

Also noticed the new shelters on the citybound platform. They are similar to the ones at drumcondra.

Also looks like there are ticket vending machines going in outside the entrance.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 14-02-2012 at 21:45.
Unread 15-02-2012, 11:00   #8
karlr42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
Yep noticed that too but there is no clock on the westbound cis.

Also noticed the new shelters on the citybound platform. They are similar to the ones at drumcondra.

Also looks like there are ticket vending machines going in outside the entrance.
I think those might be bike storage lockers, not TVMs. It's interesting that the shelters went up in about a day, but at other stations it took a week for them to figure out how to put them together.
Unread 16-02-2012, 23:05   #9
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlr42 View Post
I think those might be bike storage lockers, not TVMs. It's interesting that the shelters went up in about a day, but at other stations it took a week for them to figure out how to put them together.
Nah there are two bicyle racks, one behind the ticket office, the other around by the traffic lights.

I think its vending machines. They are laid out as per blackrock with the shutters down currently.

Apparently the cis screens in maynooth have not been turned on yet.
Unread 29-02-2012, 19:11   #10
ThomasJ

Navan road parkway is now live! The train i was on earlier was nearly 20 minutes and navan roads (along with the other stations) cis screens was showing it as arrived as opposed to the old system where it would have disappeared off the radar when it got to the scheduled time.

It has also now switched from showing the time the train is scheduled for to showing how many minutes the train is due in and is accurate enough!
Unread 05-04-2012, 12:07   #11
ThomasJ

a bit of pr from varadkar on this
http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=1483

Quote:
Live passenger info now available on Maynooth line – Varadkar

Dublin West TD and Minister for Transport, Tourism & Sport Leo Varadkar has welcomed the news that live passenger information is now available at all stations on the Maynooth rail line.

“I often use the train and it can be quite frustrating when you are standing at the platform waiting for a train, but you don’t know when the train is coming or you think you may have missed a service. Commuters will now be able to see when the train is coming on a digital screen, in the same way as they can on the DART line.

“This is all part of the Government’s policy of improving the experience of public transport through better stations and bus stops, real-time and electronic information, greater reliability, comfort and, of course, integrated ticketing and fares.”
Unread 06-04-2012, 19:14   #12
essoII
Regular Poster

Anyone any idea if the Greystones CIS screens will be put online? [after I don't know how many years at this stage]

Perhaps they could connected in conjunction with the upcoming lift shaft works that are to begin soon?
essoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 20:19   #13
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

If the minister lived in Greystones it would happen...

There isn't much benefit really given its a terminus. The current CIS is useless at departure stations as there is no live data to work off
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 00:12   #14
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Yep we saw what happened the last time that happened!

Last edited by ThomasJ : 07-04-2012 at 00:27.
Unread 07-04-2012, 07:32   #15
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post

There isn't much benefit really given its a terminus. The current CIS is useless at departure stations as there is no live data to work off
While I realise the CIS system isn't especially intelligent, surely it could give some indication of the status of the next Greystones departure based on the running (at Bray) of the Greystones bound terminating services.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote