Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 31-03-2007, 18:35   #1
Dave
Regular Poster

Default Irish Rail at its very best

Lifted this gem from the Rovers forum of all places.

Quote:
take st patricks day for example.. as it was a saturday.. and NOT a bank holiday, they still ran a bank holiday / sunday timetable.. so what in effect they did was run 3 consecuctive bank holiday timetables in a row... i got a train into work, but as i stood on the platform and watched several trains pass i relaised i was looking at the wrong timetable (bank holiday).. heres the genius part.. when the train did arrive, we had to pull over on to side tracks to let the belfast express' past TWICE. why? you got it, cause they were not operating a bank holiday timetable in occuppied ireland. genius isnt it.. so a 40 minute journey took, 90 mins. the best part still has to come.. when the train which was only supposed to go to connolly (depending on which timetable you looked at of course. ).. driver announces its going on to tara, and westland row.. .. train lets us off in tara, and about 100 or so get off... guess what... the train staion is closed cause of the parade... empty.. not a sinner.. no staff.. best part of all... the doors are locked... we had already gone through the automated ticket barrier, as had lots of mothers with small kids and prams..., when we saw a fire door.. but of course cause we had used our tickets we couldnt get back to the possible fire door.. fine for me.. i jumped over.. not fine for the women and children... i ended up calling the gardai, who had to come round and bust open a door for us...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 09:36   #2
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Thumbs down

This is probably the worst story ever posted here.
shocking.
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 10:42   #3
hhf8
Regular Poster

gets my vote,ineptitude to the max
Unread 02-04-2007, 16:36   #4
MrX
Really Regular Poster

Is there anyone actually managing Irish rail ?

I think it's time that someone had a serious look at why they are being paid salleries. If that happened in any *normal* company, public or private sector, heads would roll.

There is simply no excuse for that at all. It's utterly unacceptable.

It's no the driver's fault either, as he was only doing what the signalling people would allow him to do.
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 20:36   #5
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default Is this true?

I just cannot believe it...
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote