Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 29-10-2007, 21:29   #21
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Donoghue View Post
Was this was at the oral hearing? or is it on the record?
if so can we put this up on our wall of shame along with 30m trams are good enough forever AND 640K RAM is plenty...
Docklands didn't have an oral hearing. They applied for planning permission for the station and moved the tracks under an exemption in the planning acts (the same for the just completed siding at Clonsilla). I raised the point in my observation. CIÉ Property Department invited everyone who made submissions to meet them (they had a public consultation for the neighbours on short notice alright). SO its just my work against theirs. However, it is their design, they should be willing to stand over it.

Imagine an incident at Drumcondra and all Maynooth and Sligo trains are diverted to Docklands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tralph View Post
The problem I see is that the gates are all bi-directional meaning that if there are a load of people going out then someone trying to get in hasn't a chance. I've seen in Connolly they sometimes switch a couple of the turnstiles to one-way, but it's rare.
I've seen them set at Connolly for two-way working, which create movement conflicts and is disruptive. But last week they were all set for one way or the other.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 00:23   #22
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

The plans for Docklands station were unveiled immediately after the Tram plans were decided. there is no tram stop at the nearest point to the railway station. would you think this is malice or incompetency?

I'm only being facetious about their statement.
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 12:42   #23
CSL

It is down to usual RPA <> CIE NIMBY/NIH syndrome + Spencer Dock not actually being allowed to have the station built in

+ CIE being screwed by the property developers. There's a book in this somewhere.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 20:40   #24
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm Donoghue View Post
would you think this is malice or incompetency?
I couldn't possibly comment.

You forget that CIÉ waited to announce the new bus station in Connolly car park until Luas C1 was approved. That would have put Luas down through the outside part of the Vaults Bar and along Sheriff Street (whether it returns to Mayor Street or not). Car park is under the words http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attac...6&d=1162816652

They could also have elevated the Luas over Commons Street, but they er, forgot to put certain drawings on the website.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote