03-03-2015, 19:06 | #1 |
New to the board
|
Trolley service
On a recent trip from Galway to Heuston I requested 2 cups of hot water from the tea trolley, I was informed by the person that I could have them but that I would have to pay for tea charge,I said I was prepared to pay for the water but not the same price as for tea but was politely informed I could not do this.
I think it is disgraceful that Irish Rail can carry on like this and my friends and I will no longer purchase snacks from the trolley. At Connelly you can buy boiling water for 50p a cup in Main concourse. |
03-03-2015, 20:09 | #2 |
Really Really Regluar Poster
|
1 - Irish Rail don't operate catering.
2 - Tea cups come with tea bags in them, hence the full charge. As for the price in Connolly, why didn't you buy a cup of water in Galway. |
04-03-2015, 19:35 | #3 |
Really Really Regluar Poster
|
You weren't paying for the tea, but for the water to be brought on board, heated and a person employed to push it to your seat and dispense it. The additional cost of tea bags is pretty nominal. Also, the logistics of catering on a moving vehicle are hardly comparable to a fixed food outlet.
I suggest a flask in future. There was a time in Ireland when we weren't ashamed to produce them in public, before we got notions. |
Display Modes | |
|
|