Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-03-2008, 23:25   #1
Ronald Binge

Default Another mess at Hazelhatch

I don't think this has been noted already, but last Saturday morning I arrived at Hazelhatch at 0825 en route to Dun Laoghaire for the 1110 boat to Holyhead. At 0910 I was still there. The 0814 into Heuston was stuck at the signal after the station, while two trains behind it were stuck at their respective signals. Apparently a train had broken down ahead of the 0814 but for whatever reason it had not been cleared.

Thankfully I was able to get a lift into town. Think I'll give the South Western line a rest for the next few weeks, as its unreliability lately is really hacking me off.
Ronald Binge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 00:32   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
The 05.15hrs service from Cork to Dublin was delayed due to a locomotive failure at Adamstown. This service arrived into Heuston 63 minutes late.
Thats the reason
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:59   #3
ThomasJ

I know this may not be an option but have you looked at maynooth as an alternative option? I know friends who would take the 67a from celbridge upto maynooth in fact the first time i was up in celbridge i asked for directions for hazlehatch and was pointed in the direction of maynooth
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 08:53   #4
Ronald Binge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
I know this may not be an option but have you looked at maynooth as an alternative option? I know friends who would take the 67a from celbridge upto maynooth in fact the first time i was up in celbridge i asked for directions for hazlehatch and was pointed in the direction of maynooth
It is an option, but not the one I'm going to use. It's possible to park at Louisa Bridge, not at Maynooth. The 67A is unpredictable in its timings to and from Maynooth. I have a yearly Rail/Luas ticket and it's cheaper for me to park at Louisa Bridge at €5 a week. Hazelhatch can go hang until I can rely on the trains.
Ronald Binge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-04-2008, 11:29   #5
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

the only train i have found to be reliable is the 6.58am train from hhatch to heuston...the 7.17 am no longer exists due to "operational difficulties", the 7.22 never turns up before 7.30 and the 6.35 is hit and miss (especially the monday after a dublin GAA match)
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-04-2008, 14:27   #6
plant43

Overall reliability seems to be getting better somewhat though. Even the 0823 Newbridge - Heuston is showing up on time. The only train that gets serious delays is the 0840 Newbridge-Heuston but that's because it can't leave Kildare until the Cork train passes.
plant43 is offline   Reply With Quote