Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Waterford
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 28-09-2010, 09:05   #20
pixiebean22
Regular Poster

While i understand that Irish Rail say they accept dogs on certain rules, they don't. Anytime I have enquired about my dog I have been told no, not on any service at any time. I have been told that he would be too big for the car (used for carrying dogs), his crate would be too big, he would be harder to control etc etc etc. I would be happy to pay full fare for my dog if it meant I could transport him on the train. I would be happy to muzzle him if it meant people wouldn't fear him biting them. There is no reasoning with IR on this issue, they're not interested in tailoring their services to the needs of their customers.

On a separate issue. I went to Waterford train station this morning, I wanted to buy a 4 day trekker ticket. There was 3 employees in the station (I'm sure there were more behind closed doors), none of whom could open up the ticket office to sell me my ticket, I was told by the 3 of them to get on the train without a ticket and get off at Kilkenny to purchase my ticket there. I wonder in that instance what would happen if my travelling without a ticket was questioned. I also wonder why if there are 3 employees standing around one of them can't just go into the office and sell me a ticket.

Again, another instance of the ticket office not being open.

I also wonder, is there no communication between Irish Rail and Dublin Bus about the times the 90/92 leave the station? Train was late this morning (oh the shock!) and when the people off my train got outside there was at least 100 people already waiting on the 90/92. I ended up getting a taxi into work and there was still no sign of the 92 well after 9 o'clock (the last stop on the 92 is right outside my office). You would think that they could coordinate their services even just at peak hours to have buses ready and waiting for the busier trains. The train that I get would be quite a busy commuter train for people from Athy, Kildare and Newbridge (and obviously the other stops). Also, does anyone know when the 92 route will cease and the 145 will take over?

Last edited by pixiebean22 : 28-09-2010 at 09:09.
pixiebean22 is offline   Reply With Quote