Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 29-03-2009, 09:11   #15
on the move
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO
Don't get your point about commuters skipping DART stops. Of course commuters will board any train that they can, I used to myself, but if the train no longer stops at Bray, Dun Laoghaire etc the option is not there.
All trains going through Bray must stop there. It is a major station. Dun Laoghaire is another major station, where all trains stop. I give preference to the Rosslare train if it's a choice to Dun Laoghaire/Bray/Greystones over haggling through Booterstown, Sandycove, and Shankill on the DART. I'm sure many others do the same.

Quote:
What has 1909/2009 got to do with anything?
It's in reference to the third-world single line track system, still in use in a lot of the country. Having to wait for trains to arrive before leaving because of the track layout, is a joke. It belongs in the flintstone age or third-world countries, not in a EU country where so much money has been invested in the railway system.

You wouldn't tolerate a single lane motorway, so why tolerate a single lane track?