One the the longest running Platform 11 issues is that of information while you are on the train. In basic terms this translates to
- All trains have a sign in front and rear with the correct destination, could be a simple piece of card but the passenger doesn't care once it is clear where the train is going
- All suburban services either the driver, guard or ticket checker will announce the next station unless an automated system is in place and working
So if you see a suburban or DART train,
- With the wrong destination front or rear
- With no destination displayed
- A train fitted with an electronic display (inside or outside) which isn't working
- The computer driven announcement tells you the wrong or out of date information such as the wrong station or doesn't announce the station.
- You can't hear the announcement or the electronic display is full of funny characters
- Where you can't find a full route map
Post it here, we need the date, time and the service operated, one of the coach numbers would be handy (but is not essential) as then we could prove that its not just one specifc train but a fleet wide problem.
Iarnrod Eireann have a simply shocking record in this area. Complaints with respect to once specifc incident yield little as Iarnrod Eireann use the "once off" excuse when we all know the problem is endemic. We need to build up a body of evidence. Its not just IE the Luas is known to be temperamental as well but to a much lesser extent