View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2006, 14:58   #1
N-13
New to the board

Thumbs down Disappearance of an 8 carriage DART?

Hello, I was wondering does anyone here have any information with regards to the times the 8 carriage DARTs are meant to run at?

Since the 8 carriage DARTs were introduced, the 07:59 service departing Howth has been an 8 carriage DART. However on Thursday the same DART contained only 6 carriages. Anyone who takes this train can tell you that it is a ridiculously overcrowded from Harmonstown onwards in the first place and with the reduction of 2 carriages, the latter 2 carriages of 6 became beyond overcrowded due to the rush of people standing towards the end of the platform, waiting for carriage 7 and 8, cramming onto carriages 5 and 6. The scenes were disgraceful with many people unable to board the carriages. I was hoping that this was a once off but on Friday yet again the 07:59 service was a 6 carriage DART.

Can anyone tell me if IE are restructuring/transfering which services are 8 carriage DARTs? It seems IE hardly give a damn about the Howth service anymore after a morning DART was taken away and put onto the Malahide line when there badly needs to be at least one extra service for the Howth line in the mornings. If the 07:59 service is reduced to 6 carriages it will only lead to further overcrowding for which I see will be a worsening health and safety issue.

Regards
N-13 is offline   Reply With Quote