Thread: Ennis services
View Single Post
Unread 14-07-2007, 00:24   #17
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

nuthin wrong with a hindred words dermo
(nuthin wrong with ten either Derek)

I was gonna make a comment earlier about shannon town being the only pland town in Ireland; story I heard was resettled people from the six counties set up in Rineanna for a large part back in the day.

Ennis is a big town still, from Barefield to Clarecastle is definitely bigger than Shannon town. still.

Poor planning has been the ruin of the west.
As Derek pointed out COrk got thewir ducks in a row. Is the ?Middleton line under construction x+12 years later????

Even Fingal which arose phoenix like from the ashes of the flood tribunal, talk the talk but dont even have the decency of crawling the crawl..
but "direct services from Galway to Limerick" will resume shortly and Tuam will be next...

Even in the capital city, alec has posted about the disdain proper transport systems are held by the powers that be,

Iarnrod Eireann are beyond caring/redemption. they are ****ing useless.
The CEO can't spell.
He confuses Hansfield with Hazelhatch.
The company treat customers like ****.
The company don't care about safety of their customers.
The company when told about gross errors in their timetables at bank holidays or the monday following public holidays repeat them again at the next opportunity.

I've changed jobs to work a lot nearer home this month. I can drive ther in 10 mins. or cycle in 25. I won't be going by public transport anyway. I'm not anti-public transport, but it has to be as good* as opening yer front door and driving there.

(* Good is a variable metric. cheaper, faster, more convienent, more reliable, less stressful, .....)
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote