Thread: Ennis services
View Single Post
Unread 26-06-2007, 14:29   #1
ccos

Default Ennis services

Last Friday due to delays on the Dublin-Cork line we miised our train from Limerick to Ennis. But when I was in Limerick station I wasn't happy to see that the next train to Ennis was an Hour away and we were already an hour late for th last one. Fortunatly the IE man on hand at the station rounded up all the intending Ennis Passengers and put us on a bus to Ennis, so fair play to IE for sorting that out.
I feel that any line that has a 2 hourly service is never going to attract any passengers from cars because its a diasaster if you miss a train. This holds especially true on short regional runs like Limerick-Ennis which IMHO should be a mininum of an hourly service with extra runs at peak hours.
When I called my friend to tell her we missed the train she offered to come in to collect us but gave up trying to drive in because the traffic was tailed back 10Kms north of limerick, which is I've been told a normal occurance so surely there is a definite case for improving this service especially if a stop in the north of limerick and one at sixmilebridge (with a shuttle bus to Shannon) were included in the line.

Last edited by ccos : 26-06-2007 at 14:30. Reason: spelling
ccos is offline   Reply With Quote