View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2008, 12:47   #10
tigger1962

I arrived in dundalk, for once not checking here or having heard the news! It must have been premonition as I didn't want to get out of bed this morning!!! Anyway when i got to the Station at 7.40 i noted that the bottom carpark was relatively empty, which I found strange... the upper carpark was full and there was a bus pulling out of the station, about 50% full... It was then I found out about the situation.. those of us arriving were told of the derailment and that they couldn't get any more busses to take us to dublin as they were all used on the earlier services and that we would have to make our own way to Dublin... I asked about refunds and was told that I would have to contact head office to find out if i was entitled to a refund! When i said i had an annual ticket one of the other personal spoke up and said I would be entitled to one and to get a refund form and apply for a refund... I eventually drove to Howth Junction (easier for me to get parking than malahide)

Where did IE come up with that 7000 no for commuters? Is it based on nos of weekly/monthly/annual ticket holders from all the stations? of based on the maximum capacity of the trains?
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote