View Single Post
Unread 31-03-2006, 13:05   #54
sandraoh
Regular Poster

Default 19:15 from Dublin to Limerick 24/03/06

I caught this train last Friday evening and everything was going well (I even managed to get a seat) until just outside Portarlington at 19:55 when the train stopped. We waited for about 10 minutes and then there was an annoucement that went pretty much along these lines.. "Bing Bong Bing, can I have your attention please. This train is stopped just outside Portarlington. This is due to the train in front of us breaking down. We should be on our way in approximately around about 20 minutes". Approximately around about 20 minutes later the train moved forward slightly and stopped. We were then told there would be a 4-5 minute delay. 4-5 minutes later the train reveresed and headed back towards Dublin. We sat there for a while so that a train heading for Dublin could pass us. We eventually moved off back to just outside the station and reveresed again for no apparent reason. Finally, after an hour just outside Portarlington we managed to move on. I arrived in Portlaoise over an hour late.

As I was exiting the train a large amount of water landed on my head from a light fitting over the luggage area that appeared to be leaking water - lovely!
sandraoh is offline   Reply With Quote