View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2014, 19:43   #9
KSW
Really Regular Poster

If I'm honest what the line needs is a complete new timetable pattern the current timetable pattern has been in place for a lot of years and they do not suit most people and especially the cost of a ticket compared to Bus Eireann/Private bus companies. In this day and age of 2014 I personally think the cost of a open return ticket from Gorey to City Centre @27.80 vs €19.50 example Wexford bus for much more services and a much faster journey time. How do Iarnrod Eireann expect to gain with only three services from Gorey to Dublin 08.20,14.02,19.02 it doesn't make sense to me. Im not including the 5.55 & 6.45 services. A late morning and afternoon service. The length of time for the journey,the cost, less services!! Iarnrod Eireann could easily reduce the time on this line so easily I've experienced this so many times. It's just Greystones to Connolly which needs to be looked at,I'm not getting technical.
Kilcoole did have that 11.40 Connolly Gorey and 14.50 Gorey Connolly and on to Maybooth before why have these ceased. No demand for passengers why doesn't IE look into it. Sorry to drag on it's bizarre to me!!
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote