View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2006, 12:20   #40
MrX
Really Regular Poster

If it was an infrequent odd software hickup, you could laugh it off. This is beyond ridiculous. I would reckon that over 75% of the DARTs with PIS fitted have not had it working correctly.

Are IE techies not at least embarassed? I would be if I were responsible for such a fiasco of a system.

If the announcement system's providing misinformation the driver *should* notice and try and remedy the situation / stop the announcements and do them manually.

I think perhaps the best sollution would be to legally require an announcement at every stop. If the train's incapable of doing them - the driver will have to make them manually.

Also, the new platform signs are simply too small to see out of the windows of a train and they're positioned at the wrong height too.

I had to stick my head out the door of a DART recently to see where I was. I am from Dublin but had no clue where the train was. There were no announcements, no signs, no maps... it's like riding a ghost train... eery and quiet! If you were blind/had poor vision you'd be very lost!
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote