Thread: Shankill
View Single Post
Unread 25-03-2013, 15:16   #6
Dermot
New to the board

Default Shankill

I have lived in Shankill for 25 years & I have to say the condition & design of the dart station always amazes me.

It properly the most user unfriendly station in Dublin. I think it is ugly & attracts litter. Surely with the new park & ride facility proposed (which will happen this year) can a new station on ground level be not built. Surely we can get rid of al these steps & put in lifts (if needed) that work.

I am not suggesting massive capital investment a I know there is no moeny there now. But honestly if you compare shankill station to all others southside including Bray it appears that very little investment or thinking went into developing it.

A new station could easily be build at ground level & this could us blend in with the platforms & the existing footbridge. It may even be possible to have a retail outlet in the mornings. The fencing down towards the end of shanganagh cliffs could also be replaced with a mroe amiable/less harsh fitting one.

Surely these measures would only incentivise people in Shankill to use the Dart, what do others think?

Rgs

Dermot.
Dermot is offline   Reply With Quote