View Single Post
Unread 27-03-2016, 08:25   #152
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI View Post
On the refurbished Enterprise for the first time and there seems to be some accessibility and language act issues.

The accessibility issues concern the toilets. Firstly, none of the door buttons are illuminated in any manner. You would think there was no electrical power available by the look of them.

Secondly, there is no internal feedback mechanism to indicate that the doors are locked or to warn a user that the lock hasn't been activated. This includes any audible signal.

The new passenger display system only appears to operate in English. There is no Irish content whatsoever. Meanwhile, the digital clock display has been replaced by a clock face which is pretty difficult to see at distance.

The signage in general is very hit and miss - certain doors have English evacuation instructions while others have Irish ones. Some buttons have English text above Irish and others vice-versa.

Who do I inform? It isn't strictly a complaint about the journey but about my concerns that certain legal requirements aren't being met.
Well I suspect that as a jointly operated international service, the Enterprise is exempt from the provisions of the Official Languages Act.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote